Bransje:Olje og gass Industri / Produksjon
Se her for andre jobber fra Dno ASA
Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Senior HSE Manager
DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East-North Africa region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke field.
DNO is seeking an experienced Senior HSE Manager to strengthen the team. The Senior HSE Manager will lead an integrated HSE team that supports the organization in pursuit of achieving compliance with DNO HSSE Policy and Standards as well as Kurdistan legislative requirements. Working with a variety of internal clients/risk owners to identify and mitigate HSE risks in DNO projects and assets. The manager also provides guidance and mentorship to individuals in the organization including the HSE team.
The Senior HSE Manager will be joining an international and dynamic working environment characterized by experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
Be the conscience of the organization
- Advise DNO Kurdistan Country manager (CM) on HSE related issues and promoting an ever-improving HSE Culture in the BU that delivers the commitments in the DNO HSE Policy.
- Ensure that the BU Leadership team employs appropriate processes to track HSE performance and puts HSE at the top of the agenda and that they are able to demonstrate their inclusion of HSE values in decision making.
- Develop long term and annual strategic HSE plans for DNO Kurdistan.
- Develop quarterly, annual and long-term plans pro-actively based on an understanding of risks and the business moving into the future.
- Manage emerging risks into plans.
Safe and responsible operations
- Establish and maintain HSE culture in Kurdistan BU focused on safe and responsible operations.
- Support a culture where HSE values in decision making are obvious and demonstrable.
- Ensure that BU Leadership team understands what is expected of them and demonstrates the values expected from the top and down in the organization.
- Rigorously monitor and communicate leading and lagging HSE performance metrics that hold leaders accountable for performance.
- look underneath the data to understand the "why" and put in place interventions when performance is trending in the wrong direction.
- Develop an HSE organizational capability towards the achievement of strategy, working alongside BU leadership team.
- Effectively manage and develop direct reports.
- Ensure that the HSE team in Erbil and Field have the competencies required to deliver BU long-term plan.
- See to that staff members and contractors are performance managed against strict delivery targets.
- Recruit national staff with the potential to develop into senior HSE roles.
- Put in place development plans for national staff members that are driven to enhance national capability.
- Develop succession plans for filling expatriate positions.
Risk champion and advisor
- Advise and coach BU leadership team on HSE matters, notably HSE risk.
- Ensure that the BU manages a "living" HSE register that clearly defines risk and controls and control owners as part of the wider BU register.
- Constructively challenge risk owners who are not active participants in the process.
Management systems development and continuous improvement
- Develop, implement and sustain the local HSE MS in compliance with the Corporate HSE MS and Standards as well as Kurdistan legislative requirements.
- See to that the BU has an effective and implemented HSE management system aligned to the Corporate System and Standards. Keep these in line with industry acceptable practice to deliver sustainable HSE performance improvement and compliance with Kurdish legislative requirements.
- Ensure that BU Legal compliance register is in place and monitored for compliance.
Investigations and lessons learned
- Act as investigation expert advisor to senior management for investigations of serious incidents (material loss of hydrocarbon from process, LTI's and more severe) through robust investigations, understanding of system causes and development of recommendations to avoid recurrence.
- Assure that any investigation meets Corporate Standard.
Reporting of incidents
- Ensure accurate reporting of HSE performance to management through the implementation of the corporate HSE Reporting Practice and in Synergi.
- Analyze data to understand performance trends and react before the trends become incidents.
Audit and review
- Ensure a program of regular audits of sites as well as offices and property to assure compliance with local and Corporate systems.
- Follow-up and see to timely closure of actions.
- See to that an active risk-based BU audit and review program is in place to understand progress towards implementation of Standards and procedures as well as to ensure ongoing reinforcement of BU values.
- Ensure that actions are recorded in Synergi and action closure is communicated to management and action closure is driven in terms of quality and on-time delivery.
Crisis and emergency management capability
- Develop and implement robust crisis management response capability and plans for Kurdistan BU at levels 1 and 2 from a list of credible event scenarios.
- Ensure readiness through regular drills and lessons learned.
Training and competence
- Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of training.
- Assure that BU critical staff have the HSE competencies needed to successfully execute their roles according to BU and Corporate Standard.
Compliance and ethics
- Zero breaches of compliance and ethics policy and deliver legislative compliance in HSE matters.
Budgeting and planning
- Develop and manage budget for provision of all the above activities with strict adherence to DNO Group financial procurement rules.
- See to that risk-based annual and long-term plans are budgeted and resource loaded for material, third-party and in-house spend.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate of technically relevant subject (diplomas will not be considered)
- Minimum of 20 years experience in the oil and gas/petrochemical industry with an HSE focus
- Minimum 10 years in a senior HSE Management role in an oil and gas operating environment
- Risk-based planning of activities
- Onshore oil and gas operations and management
- Engagement with stakeholders
- Ethical conduct
- Risk assessment and management
- Major hazard management
- Management of contractors
- Onshore drilling operations
- Environmental management systems (EMS)
- Waste management
- HSE performance analysis and leadership of intervention strategies
- Behavioral HSE and human factors
- Leadership in industry
- Incident and accident investigation
- Crisis management and readiness
- Proven capability of delivering sustainable performance improvement
- Deliver on time
- Strong leadership
- Self-starter with positive attitude
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Solution oriented
- Business understanding
The role reports to the BU Country Manager and is based in our Erbil office. The work schedule will be rotational 29 days on/ 27 days off.
Please ensure you apply using a PDF version of your CV.
- 70.000+ unike brukere/mnd
- Over 75.000 CVer registrert
- Motta alle søknader ett sted
- Integrasjon Nav, Finn og lokalaviser
- Annonsering i sosiale medier