Senior Data Engineer to Advanced Analytics and AI Team
Join the Advanced Analytics and AI Team within Handelsbanken, in Stockholm, as we provide our business with highly accurate insights and models that drive us forward in a data-driven way and help create the best possible experience for our customers.
We are on a mission to make Handelsbanken a leader in using advanced analytics and AI to deliver superior products, service and experience to our customers. This involves applying statistics, machine learning and other technologies in a wide range of areas such as content personalization, product development and business strategy. As a key part of delivering on this mission we have set out to build a state-of-the-art analytics platform in the Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
We work with other teams throughout the bank in an environment characterized by initiative, collaboration and innovation to tackle business challenges by predicting outcomes, understanding complex data relationships and constructing models that contribute to a better experience for our customers.
As a Data Engineer you will be part of building and improving our data and analytics platform. This includes a journey to build, and migrate to, a new analytics platform in Azure by creating solutions for everything from data ingestion and orchestration to machine learning pipelines. You will be involved in solving complex data processing problems, building large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines and designing high quality data sets. The role also includes collaborating with other data engineers, data scientists, software engineers and business analysts in specific data science projects to generate insights and models that inform and automate decision making.
You will enjoy the freedom to explore new projects and solutions, the support to think outside the box and the opportunity to expand your data engineering skillset through development opportunities and researching innovative tools and techniques to level up our capabilities.
The team is expanding so we are looking for people who are able to take ownership, establish best practices and contribute in defining how this field will be applied in the bank. Your role can evolve over time and for the right candidate there are tremendous growth opportunities.
- You have a master’s degree or equivalent in a technical field with above average academic results
- You have excellent problem solving skills and enjoy solving problems with code
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as Data Engineer
- Extensive experience in software development with a deep understanding of system design and data structures
- Experience working with data and building data pipelines with respect to data modeling, orchestration and validation
- Proficient in cloud technologies from at least one of the major providers
- Understand modern data concepts such as data lakehouse and data mesh and the impact it will have on traditional data architectures.
- Have a good understanding of distributed computing for large scale data processing
- You are willing to learn, or already know, basic Swedish
- You constantly want to learn new skills and are proactive with your own development
We are looking for a person who fits the positive, friendly and supportive culture of Handelsbanken. The ideal candidate is curious, inventive, strives for improvement every single day and shares our aim to be smart, humble and, above all, collaborative.
- The chance to develop fast, make a big impact and cut out new paths in an expanding team at the core of Handelsbanken’s ambitious focus on digitalization.
- An abundance of interesting opportunities and a focus on building new capabilities, not just maintaining what others have already created
- A friendly and collaborative work environment where colleagues learn and achieve together
- Competitive compensation and pension plan
- Extensive benefit package (subsidized banking services, health care, lunch and more)
- Flexibility to work from home part of the time
- Office at prime location in central Stockholm
We look forward to receiving your cover letter, CV and academic records. Furthermore, we are particularly interested in previous team work experience, what motivates you and achievements that you are proud of.
Please submit your CV and academic records merged in the same file.
The promotion of gender equality, diversity and an inclusive corporate culture is a fundamental part of our values. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to submit their applications.