Senior Dam and Civil Engineer
Are you familiar with Dams and Waterways and want to work in an international company within renewable and green power production?
Statkraft have recently implemented a strategy for its classified Dams and Waterways where Statkraft utilise a risk-based approach in conjunction with state-of-the-art engineering ensuring that Statkraft’s dam and appurtenant works satisfy the highest standards. To ensure that Statkraft can achieve our Strategy we need additional resources. We are looking for people with experience and/or desire to work with all types of dams and appurtenant structures and with different climatic and geological challenges in Norway as well as globally.
Statkraft is Europe’s largest producer of electricity from hydropower in Europe. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join our team with passionate dam experts.
As a part of Statkraft Competence Hub within Dams and Waterways, will be to take part in a strong professional team with following main tasks:
- You will contribute to strategic coordination and management of Statkraft’s
- dam portfolio
- Driving the Statkraft’s Dam and Waterway strategy
- Work in close cooperation with the Dam safety officers (VTAs) in Norway
- Involved in contributing to effective governance
- Driver for new practices in the field of Dam, Waterways and Civil engineering
- Be a Technical expert supporting projects globally
- You will give Technical support in M&A’s
- A passion for Dam and Waterway safety
- MSc/BSc in civil engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills in one of the Scandinavian languages and English, both orally and in writing
- Internationally renowned expertise in the field of Dam and/or Civil engineering
- Experience with working with the Norwegian dam regulations
- Analytical mindset
- Capability of applying latest technology to improve engineering solutions
- High integrity and ethical values
- Experience from civil and dam projects preferably in all phases
- Strong HSSE understanding and commitment.
Experiences in these areas are also useful in your role:
- Proven record of working cross-disciplinary to improve overall project design/construction
- Ability to add value through continuous improvement
- Commercial mindset
- Active communicator with good networking skills and an agile approach
What we offer:
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Professional and personal development in Europe’s leading company within renewable energy
- A positive and including work environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with respect to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit scheme
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
Workplace: Primarily Oslo, but other locations can also be relevant for this position.
The role does require flexibility in terms of traveling to provide local support in country and/or at site for shorter or longer periods.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
Interested? Please apply via the provided link. For more information of the position, please contact Vice President Civil department – Robin Wood mobile +47 97002928.