(Senior) Credit Analyst US Power (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is the largest generator of renewable energy in Europe and an established participant within the various US environmental commodities markets. As a support function to the Trading and Origination department, you will work closely with the Origination team that sources and manages a long-term portfolio of third-party renewable power contracts. This portfolio usually consists of tailor-made Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and longer-term sales contracts with a variety of large end customers. Currently, the team is expanding its activities to the US power and renewables markets, specifically PJM & ERCOT. The origination team is responsible for the origination, pricing, structuring, and portfolio management of all bilateral power and Renewable Energy Credits (REC) deals.
What our team does:
The Risk Management department is an independent evaluator and communicator of risk and value creation of all market activities within Statkraft. Our main responsibilities are to report on the performance and measure credit risks within our trading and origination activities. We are responsible for the creation and implementation of the methodologies and all tools used in this regard. The ongoing growth in Statkraft activities and the complexity of the portfolios create a most challenging and interesting work environment.
- You will report directly to the Finance & Risk Director of Statkraft US.
- Manage all credit related matters and be first point of contact for Front Office:
- Manage a portfolio of counterparties, mainly for origination activities in the US
- Conduct the KYC check (corporate & social responsibility) for new counterparties.
- Credit risk assessments for trading and origination activities in the energy sector
- Monitoring of credit limits and ensuring compliance with approved credit structures
- Appraisal of new deal structures and business proposals in close cooperation with the local market risk manager and other support functions
- Advise Front Office & Legal in negotiation of credit clauses in energy contracts.
- Contribute to the general development of the Statkraft US finance department.
- University degree in Economics, Finance, or quantitative studies
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in credit risk management, ideally in an energy trading company or a financial institution
- Solid experience & in-depth knowledge in assessing & structuring credit risk for complex transactions.
- Strong analytical mind-set and ability to work well with a diverse range of internal stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of the US energy market & its credit standards
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work well with colleagues in Europe and Front Office across geographies and cross functionally.
- Self-driven, pragmatic, team player willing and able to take initiative and full responsibility in the start-up phase of the office.
- Business fluent English communication skills, any relevant additional language is an advantage
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.