Senior Controller (m/f/d)
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in Controlling:
The business area of Market Operations with gross operating revenues of more than EUR 2,5 billion is growing in scale and scope in its global operations. The Controlling department in Düsseldorf is responsible for all relevant activities in Continental Europe and UK and also partly responsible for global processes. We are looking for a Senior Controller that will help support the growth and development of the business. The role provides an exciting opportunity to be instrumental to the global strategic direction of the company.
In your role as Senior Controller you will support the management in making critical business decisions by analyzing and presenting key financial data. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the monthly internal segment report for segment Market Operations (with global operations)
- Analyse and understand main drivers for the performance of the segment
- Provide insight and support to senior management for our global activities
- Actively contribute to controlling & accounting processes
- Actively collaborate with various departments (e.g. accounting) and provide transparency to Group Functions in Norway
- Drive projects and requests to support strategic decisions
- Prepare forecasts & conduct internal controls to ensure quality of financial report
- Relevant controlling / accounting / financial reporting experience in a company with international operations (> 5 years relevant work experience) – experience in the energy industry is an advantage but not a must
- Relevant university or master’s degree in business administration, economics (or equivalent education)
- Experienced with SAP FI/CO and SAP BW, knowledge of SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP BPC and Cognos is beneficial
- Solid knowledge of accounting / controlling processes, IFRS and Internal Control
- Business sense and highly developed analytical skills
- Self-driven and eager to solve complex challenges
- Experience in collaborating and communicating with senior management
- Experience in project / change management
- Reliable team player with openness to continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; German is beneficial
What we offer:
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- Monetary childcare subsidy to support you and your family
- A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
Applications can also be submitted in German.
Head of Continental Financial Reporting and Controlling (m/f/d)
Head of Financial Reporting Global Market Operations (m/f/d)
Specialist Back Office Revenue Accounting (m/f/d)
Senior Advisor Back Office - Revenue Accounting Operations
Contract Operations Analyst (m/f/d) in Contract Operations