Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
(Senior) Business Analyst / Business IT Developer towards Energy Management (m/f/d)
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
IT and digital solutions play a critical role along Statkraft's entire value chain. Our IT solutions are critical for information gathering, analysis, production planning, sales, monitoring, exploration etc. and they are rapidly becoming more sophisticated and interdependent. IT is also an important part in safeguarding our operations. Based on the characteristics of our business, we develop many of our business-critical systems ourselves in-house.
The Energy Management Digitalization Partner department delivers product management and business IT advisory for the energy management in Statkraft both for Nordics and Continental. This position will be targeted towards Continental and specifically close cooperation with the Global Software Development team delivering leading software for all business areas in Statkraft, ranging from portal applications to advanced analytics tools.
You will be responsible for activities in the interface between the business and IT for a specific business area and specific subjects; and have a key role in ensuring an excellent customer experience. The Business IT Developer (BIT) works as a link between the Business and IT and need to understand both worlds.
Your responsibility includes having an overview of solutions across the different parts of Statkraft IT services, to ensure the best solutions are implemented with contributions from key departments in IT, such as procurement, security, infrastructure and integration teams.
You will work closely with the business areas and product owners and help the resources of Statkraft IT to deliver solutions for business challenges and opportunities, this includes:
- Communicate, translate, and simplify business requirements
- Refine requirements into technical specifications including test scenario descriptions. This will include involving solution experts, developers, software architects, vendors, etc.
- Competent technology advisory towards implementing a future-oriented Market Operation setup, characterized by heavy use of data, analytics, process automation and algorithmic trading
- Be involved in architectural discussions and assess internal and external systems and components that can play a role in the system landscape
- Responsible for planning and follow-up of deliveries. Responsible for test management and performing of some of the tests.
- Use agile processes, like scrum mastering, retrospectives, etc.
- Handle IT budgeting, forecasting and status follow-up relevant for your part of the business.
- Be escalation point for deliveries from IT.
- Manage early planning phases for IT projects / large product deliveries and possibly be project manager for smaller projects.
- Be a team player collaborating closely with both the technology teams and business teams
- Support in continuously strengthening our way of working and optimizing our processes
The position is in our office in Düsseldorf, Germany, working closely with both software development and business here. The position will be reporting to Head of Energy Management Digitalization Partner located in our head office in Oslo, Norway.
We are looking for candidates who are high performing individuals with drive and a clear “can do” attitude. The right candidate has a deep interest, motivation and experience in leading business critical IT and digitalisation activities. You acknowledge the importance of change management and are motivated by collaborating with skilled colleagues to reach ambitious goals.
- Higher university education in the areas of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business Engineering, Finance or similar; and minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Strong communication skills and talent for building network and trusted relationships is a necessity. Ability to connect the dots between business needs and IT solutions and communicate with both end users on the business side and technology specialists in IT
- Skilled process driver with mindset to plan and structure work to ensure high quality solutions with deliveries from many involved parties across different teams
- Great interest and understanding for the opportunities enabled by digitalisation trends and technologies, e.g. cloud, data platforms, process automation, user experiences, software development or scripting.
- Continuous improvement mindset and experience from improving and optimizing deliveries related to a product. Knowhow of innovative techniques is appreciated
- Great at making things happen, starting and moving cases with passion and drive, as well as corporate navigation skills.
- Work experience from consulting companies or similar roles in global industrial or energy companies is highly relevant, in particular experience related to energy management or energy trading.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, German is beneficial but not a must
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, and work life balance principles
- Monetary childcare subsidy to support you and your family
- A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
- German language courses for non-native speakers
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.