(Senior) Asset Manager (m/f/d)
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in Commercial Asset Ownership
The team manages and develops Statkraft’ s flexible generation and transmission assets. The continental team is constantly monitoring and proactively optimizing the commercial performance of the hydro, biomass and gas assets of Statkraft in Germany and the UK. Managing and further developing this broad portfolio requires a team with a superior commercial and technical understanding of markets, technology, and regulation. With these skills, the team identifies, develops, and implements up to date asset optimization and development opportunities resulting from the dynamic market development and the need for sector coupling. This requires intense cooperation with many internal and external stakeholders and partners. Regulation plays a more and more important role and we constantly develop and communicate our position to consultations and to the public. Consequently, the team consists of highly motivated and skilled professionals with the required commercial, technical, and regulatory background.
- Identify and evaluate commercial opportunities for a variety of power generation and storage technologies
- Develop these opportunities – together with a team of analysts and asset operation professionals within Statkraft as well as external consultants and advisors
- Create value by implementing - guide and lead teams that transform an idea into an opportunity and thereafter into an implemented improvement
- University degree in engineering, economics, natural sciences, or similar education
- Familiarity with European energy markets and a thorough commercial and technical understanding of a variety of power generation technologies
- Work experience in energy or comparable industries, with an exposure to power markets and grid regulations including European regulations is advantageous
- Ideally Project management experience as project manager with excellent communication and cooperation skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify operational problems and come up with a result-oriented solution
- The ability to communicate with senior management and various stakeholders
- Strong command of the German and English language
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including LinkedIn Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
Intern / Working student – Market Analysis Continental Europe (f/m/d)
Senior Commercial Analyst (m/f/d)
Software Developer (m/f/d)
Procurement & Contracts Manager – Germany & Netherlands
Senior Risk Analyst Trading (m/f/d)