An exciting opportunity has arisen as Sales Manager based at our Dunfermline site.
Reporting to VP Naval Sales, this role will execute sales activities in alignment with the product centre and division strategy, ensuring that the regional sales organisation is proactively engaged with customer specific sales activity and management of the sales pipeline. It will be fundamental to ensure both external and internal customer satisfaction through regular interaction meetings, including internal stakeholders where appropriate. The role will be responsible for representing the Company to our customers, managing proposals and sales activities for Kongsberg Maritime products to a global customer base ensuring that sales targets are consistently delivered.
Please note, this role requires global travel. The candidate must be willing and flexible to travel to global locations and at short notice as required by the needs of the business.
- Achievement of annual sales targets both in terms of sales price and margin
- Maintain and improve existing and potential customer relationships, both internal and external, to ensure we consistently meet requirements and expectations
- Develop, submit and manage quotations, technically and commercially, involving all stakeholders (engineering, purchasing, operations, commercial) from prospect to contract for all category of projects
- Follow up enquiries and successfully negotiate contracts directly with customers
- Work closely with appropriate regional sales teams to ensure company products are promoted to customers at every opportunity
- Present our products to all levels within customer organisations
- Maintain comprehensive customer and enquiry records and manage sales pipeline and order intake status to ensure all delivery times, costs, and risks are understood by all stakeholders
- Collate market intelligence and share internally with stakeholders as appropriate
- Thoroughly understand the market and key customers
- Be the link between yard region and owner region where necessary in order to document customer requirements into engineering solutions and execute case specific sales strategy
- Manage and support sales campaigns including supporting the creation of detailed plans for key customers
- Support and engage in product development activities including offering support to engineering and input to business case where required
- Represent the business at key trade events including exhibitions and industry relevant seminars
- Support training and development of local / regional sales personnel
- Constantly improve and enhance sales and marketing documentation, working together with related internal stakeholders such as product management and regional sales
- Work closely with the Export Compliance Co-ordinator in order to apply for and obtain Export Licences where required
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualified with a track-record in managing sales campaigns with multiple customers
- Excellent negotiation skills with good understanding of contractual terms and conditions
- Knowledge of the marine industry in particular naval markets
- Familiarity with product range and shipbuilding practices
- A good engineering background with the ability to communicate at a technical level with internal and external customers
- Proficient with Microsoft 365
- Evidence of right to work in the UK
This employment requires BPSS security pre-employment screening.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We offer hybrid working arrangement
Point of contact
Paul Crawford, VP Naval Sales
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Sales and Marketing Division is a global function within Kongsberg Maritime, responsible for presenting the company’s total scope of products and solutions towards customers and market place. The division has over the years built up a renowned customer focused organization, determined to continuously provide the most innovative and reliable marine systems that ensure optimal operations at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
Sweden (Kristinehamn), Norway (Kongsberg/Ulsteinvik) or United Kingdom (Dunfermline/Newcastle).
(Junior) Service Project Coordinator - Netherlands
Field Service Consultant – Offshore Automation
Technical Sales Support, Waterjet