Who are we:
The DFDS Group is a leading European shipping & logistics group operating own vessels, terminals, trucks, warehouses, trailers and containers throughout Europe.
A strong focus on the development of employees, customers and services makes DFDS a great workplace that keeps you challenged and motivated.
Who are we looking for: an experienced, dynamic and motivated Sales Manager to join our commercial team in Ghent. An entity in the heart of the DFDS network!
The Sales Manager main responsibility is to retain and develop business with existing and potential customers. These customers can be industrial players, cargo-owners, shipping lines, logistics companies, multimodal operators,…
Besides direct customer development, this function also entails the development, introduction and implementation of new products and business lines.
In both scenarios, the Commercial Manager leads coordination between commercial, operational planning and operational execution during the implementation of a new customer, new product or new business line. End to end ownership of assigned business lines and continuous improvement is required. Both from a yield perspective as well as from a quality perspective.
Networking internally and externally are key to grow market knowledge and actively manage your customers and stakeholders.
Travelling and meeting customers/stakeholders in Continental Europe and Scandinavia is required
You will be a part of the Ghent Management team and report to the Managing Director
- End to end ownership of assigned activities / segments/ industries, in particular industrial customers (cargo-owners).
Market research, initiating contact, identifying pain, developing solutions and securing the business.
- Drive development and improvement of developed activities on scope, yield and quality
- Provide and follow up rates, biddings and quotations to (potential) customers
- Visit (potential) customers regularly and anticipate yearly KPI and rate reviews. Log visit reports and follow-up action points
- Ensure customer requests are handled in a timely and professional manner creating and sustaining customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Respond promptly to queries and follow up on all complaints and problems as a representative and ambassador of the company
- Drive overall focus on client needs; coordinate improvement across operational planning and execution
- Sales and Business Development processes have to be aligned with DFDS Way of Selling and strategy
- Promote all “value-added” service possible to the customers
- Communicate in a structured and diplomatic way with Terminal Operations, Gate, Shipping Logistics and Sales Department
- Propose/suggest/implement structural improvements and savings in all matters to ensure the department’s efficiency & cost effectiveness
- Take initiative, and drive change where required
- Ensure constant care in all matters
- Take ownership and drive development
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in a related discipline
- Good knowledge of the Dutch, English and French language. Additional languages are a plus
- Proven experience within a transport/logistics environment – operational background
- Sales/operational experience in rail freight is a plus
- Proven sales record
- Highly skilled use of Office software packages
- Preferably, to bring in new sales leads and an existing network from the industry
- Excellent social skills. Our internal stakeholders are skilled & knowledgeable, so it is important that you have the right interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and result-oriented
- High energy, drive and motivation to support the companies growth and development
- Sefl- Starter, ability to work independently
A flexible working environment in an informal and international organization. A very exciting and challenging job with plenty of scope for working independently and opportunity to develop within the group. The position is based at our office in Ghent.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV and application in Dutch or English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. All applications will be treated confidentially. Please note that very good Dutch language skills (at least C1 level) are a must and therefore we will contact only Applicants fulfilling this requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Please contact Jelle Van Koevorden : firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the position. The position will be filled as soon as possible.
DFDS is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age and citizenship.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater