The objective of the Sales & Key Account Manager – Naval position is to preserve customer loyalty by focusing effort on improving customer success / satisfaction with Kongsberg Maritime’s products, systems and services with a focus on the strategic alliance with Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). The aim is to grow the business by taking a proactive and “partnering” approach towards HII.
The Sales & Key Account Manager – Naval will be the focal point for HII related to new initiatives around Unmanned Vessels (both Surface and Underwater) for Kongsberg Maritime systems and products to ensure optimum system performance and value to the customer over the long term.
- Carry out necessary improvements to after-market sales and delivery processes and procedures
- Request for necessary assistance from other departments to improve KM products
- Collaborate closely with the Americas Sales team to achieve optimal customer coverage
- Visit customers on a regular basis in close cooperation with Sales Managers
- Proactively assess customer base to identify technical or support issues that could be impeding customer’s experience with Kongsberg
- Promote value-added services / software and add-on products to enhance performance and maximize value to the customer for the near and long term, for example: training, service agreements, upgrades and enabling technology for remote and autonomous applications
- Provide market intelligence on sales / upgrade opportunities
- Work closely with our technical departments and Product Centers to become familiar with Kongsberg Maritime’s wide range of products for the naval market segment
- Support marketing campaigns to promote new technology, solutions, applications by making presentations or demonstrations for customers at industry events
- Provide technical sales support, analysis of customer requirements and competitive comparisons
- Take on technical challenges and support testing and analysis to resolve customer issues and improve our products by working directly with the product centers
- Proactively inform customers about KM product lifecycle status including product obsolescence, system improvements and recommended upgrades
- Utilize Kongsberg Sales and Support CRM system to track opportunities and customer interactions
- Negotiate, monitor and provide feedback on service and maintenance agreements
- Support product sales through Resellers and OEM customers
- Prepare and follow up after-market sales quotations
- Ability to work from home if required
- 25 to 50% travel domestic & international is possible
Key Experiences and any Qualification Requirements
We are looking for self-driven, quality-minded professional with a proven track record of success dealing directly with end customers in the maritime sector.
- Minimum four-year college degree in science or engineering.
- Technical background in ocean science, i.e., hydrography, oceanography, or geophysical survey, etc.
- Project management, customer support, training or field operations experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on fulfilling the customer’s needs and expectations
- Experience working on US Government contracts
- Experience using or supporting KM products or competing products (Plus)
- Previous sales experience (Plus)
- Determined – do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Reliable – penchant for timely follow-up on deadlines without constant supervision
- Innovative - continuously improving processes
- Collaborative - able to motivate and cooperate with employees on all levels in the business