Sales Engineer EMEA
This position will serve the full EMEA region and will be responsible in supporting the EMEA sales team in generating sales revenues and increasing customer retention with a key focus on the offshore segment and products DP, KChief700 and Navigation.
The ideal candidate will be customer and sales focused with a positive attitude and you will work with our customers through coordinating quotations and proposals, and proactively informing and discussing spares, upgrades and overhaul solutions. You will be familiar and confident in our products and services, to be able to offer a tailored and individual approach to each of our customers.
By working closely with the EMEA sales team and CRM, you will be an important link between the sales team, customer and the internal organisation.
This position can be based at any of the following KM EMEA locations: Dunfermline (UK), Szczecin (Poland) or Villajoyosa (Spain). Candidates must have the necessary right to work status for the relevant country.
- The Sales Engineer is responsible for activities supporting the EMEA sales team in generating sales revenues and increase customer retention with focus on the offshore segment and following products: DP, KChief700 and Navigation
- Support the Sales team before, during and after customer interventions
- Set up proposals/quotations based on the input from the EMEA Sales team and provide input on maintenance planning opportunities involving Int Sol products.
- Complete and report agreed KPI`s
- Mainly performing the sales work and / or technically related support of from the workplace
- Proactively inform customers about KM product lifecycle status including product obsolescence, system improvements and recommended upgrades (including spares/field service if and when applicable)
- Prepare commercial proposals for enhanced/performance upgrades, new functionality, modifications, and retrofit/refit/conversion solutions in accordance with KM product lifecycle philosophy primary for CAT-1 & CAT-2 with focus on the offshore segment and following products: DP, KChief700 and Navigation projects. With possibility of adding CAT-3 & CAT-4 whenever suitable and approved by product owner when decided
- Ensure familiarization and understanding of customers fleet and operation to proactively offer relevant products and services
- Maintain existing and new customer information in the CRM system
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement Project initiatives to drive sales in the aftermarket
- Strategic customer activity to be planned and coordinated in close cooperation with responsible CRM
Qualifications and experience
- Education at degree level within relevant subject
- Working experience with Int Sol products such as K Chief 700 and DP systems (Navigation system is experience consider to be a plus)
- Able to prepare commercial proposals for enhanced/performance upgrades, new functionality, modifications, and retrofit/refit/conversion solutions in accordance with KM product lifecycle philosophy primary for CAT-1 & CAT-2.
- Knowledge of KM product lifecycle status including product obsolescence, system improvements, recommended upgrades, services and spares
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- focus on bottom-line results, identify potential risks and monitor the financial impact of own activities
- comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- We offer hybrid working arrangement
- English (written/speaking/oral)
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus
Any of the following:
- Dunfermline (UK)
- Szczecin (Poland)
- Villajoyosa (Spain)
Point of contact
Tim Van Toor, Head of Spares and Sales Support, EMEA
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries.
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet
Senior Aftermarket Sales Manager
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Aftermarket Sales Manager
Lead Hardware Engineer
Aftermarket Sales Manager
Sales Director Waterjets, Americas