Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation, and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits with an option of a high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
There has never been a more exciting time to work in Kongsberg Maritime than right now. With us, you will be in the forefront of enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the role as Sales Engineer. You will be joining the organization at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want people to help us shape this journey.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for activities supporting the sales team in generating sales revenues and increasing customer retention.
- Support the Sales team before, during and after customer interventions
- Set up proposals/quotations based on the input from the Sales team in the areas of spares, upgrades, field service and repair and overhaul support
- Proactively inform customers about KM product lifecycle status including product obsolescence, system improvements, recommended upgrades, services and spares
- Prepare commercial proposals for new functionality, spares, modifications and retrofit/refit/conversion solutions in accordance with KM product lifecycle philosophy primary for CAT-1 & CAT-2 projects and for CAT-3 & CAT-4 whenever suitable and approved by product owner when decided
- Ensure familiarization and understanding of customers fleet and operation to proactively offer relevant products and services
- Maintain existing and new customer information in the CRM system
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement Project initiatives to drive sales in the aftermarket
- Strategic customer activity to be planned and coordinated in close cooperation with responsible CRM
- Complete and report agreed KPI’s
- Mainly performing the sales work and /or technically related support of sales work from the workplace
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 years minimum working with Int Sol products such as K Chief and DP systems.
- Able to prepare commercial proposals for new functionality, spares, modifications and retrofit/refit/conversion solutions in accordance with KM product lifecycle philosophy primary for CAT-1 & CAT-2 projects and for CAT-3 & CAT-4
- Knowledge on KM product lifecycle status including product obsolescence, system improvements, recommended upgrades, services and spares
- Houston, TX or New Orleans, LA
KONGSBERG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Sales Engineer EMEA
Field Service Engineer – Offshore Navigation
Veracruz - Mexico
Business Data Analyst
Field Service Engineer, Dynamic Positioning Hardware
New Orleans, Louisiana
Lead Hardware Engineer