At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
To strengthen our Management Team, DFDS Logistics Ghent is looking to recruit a Route Director. In this role you provide a strategic focus to the BU by providing strong leadership, direction, commercial focus and operational control aimed at substantially improving the bottom line. Also to inspire and provide direction and focus for the BU aimed at growing our business and improving profitability by maximizing margins per roundtrip by maximizing revenues and reducing costs. This to be accomplished in the shortest possible time frame using all the tools and resources available. Support will be made available where required and agreed.
- Manage evaluate and develop assigned employees
- Assist HR with recruiting when necessary
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale
- Support employee's communication with the management team
- Work with the management team to plan and execute short and mid-term actions
- Ensure realization of yearly and monthly budget, pl responsible
- Participate in tenders and give ad-hoc prices
- Participate in budgeting and reporting process
- Ensure that operations are compliant with laws and regulations.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures
- Review and negotiate yearly prices and terms & conditions with direct business partners
- Execute other business task delegated by direct principal
- Review invoices in CapNordic on regular basis
- Facilitate solving major claims and complaints
- Be updated with the related market development and competition
- Report to the direct principal and management team
- Develop l business (customer and suppliers)
- Visit customers together with DFDS sales
- Build alliances and partnerships with DFDS senior stakeholders, other DFDS offices and other organizations
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for DFDS
- Address own personal development by implementation of knowledge, trainings and couching
- An excellent knowledge of the Unaccompanied Dry business between Sweden, Norway, Finland and the Continent
- A good understanding of the European haulage industry (incl legislation) and the short sea container market in general
- At least 5 years’ experience at a management level in a large transport company with bottom line responsibility and responsibility for teams of staff involved in various related activities
- Strong market intelligence and network in the transport industry
- Strong self-starting drive, high energy and initiative taker
- Excellent people skills
- Financial, numeric and strong commercial orientation.
- Strong focus on cost reduction and profit improvements
- Be aware of and act in accordance with the health, safety and environment policy of DFDS
What do we offer?
An interested position on a high performing and dynamic location, with a strong team around you. The informal work environment and the cooperation with stakeholders will enable the candidate to develop personal as well as professional skills further.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfil the job profile, please send your CV and application in English latest 17th June 2021. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. All applications will be treated confidentially.