Do you want to be a valued part of the critical infrastructure that serves communities across Europe and beyond? Are you looking for a position in which you can set direction and help shape our company ?
DFDS is now looking for a Retail Manager, for a permanent contract in France (Dieppe – Seine maritime). As a Retail Manager, you will be responsible for the shops on board our ships, and for the retail concepts shoreside at our terminal. You will join a unique company culture based on ‘The DFDS Way’ with a professional, yet informal and open dialogue at all levels in the organization.
About the role
Be part of the movement - and play your part.
Reporting to the OnBoard Services Manager for the Dieppe/Newhaven Route, the expectations for the job are as follows :
- Actively participate in projects and developments regarding all retail activities in Dieppe
- Choose and develop, under the responsibility of the OBS manager, the product ranges for our shops, by carrying out a product benchmark and negotiating prices with suppliers
- Ensure the ordering of products sold in the shops, organize the deliveries and the follow-up of retail purchases
- Ensure that the choice of products sold in the shop are in compliance with the company's standards and customs requirements
- Organise deliveries on board for the shops
- Ensure a regular link between land and sea, especially by making regular visits and crossings on board DFDS fleet vessels or those of our competitors, and participate in various trade fairs, or visits to suppliers
- Ensure good cost control
- Is a driving force in the implementation of dashboards, in order to carry out regular and relevant monitoring and analysis of sales, thanks to the LS Retail system
- Ensure the correct follow-up of customs documentation
We think the strongest teams are built on diversity and inclusivity. Contrasting opinions, varied skills and strong characters bring out the best in us all. With this in mind, we think that the ideal person for this position will have the following qualifications :
- You have at least 2 years of higher education, such as BTS MCO (operational sales management)
- Professional experience: At least one initial experience in retail and purchases process
- You are fluent in French and have a good level in English
- You have experience in office pack (especially Excel).
A driving licence is required for the job.
To succeed in this position, we believe that certain qualities are crucial :
- Meticulous and autonomy,
- interpersonal skills,
- flexibility and availability,
- source of proposals
- knowledge of the retail market.
Working at DFDS
Join the movement and grow with us.
While you’re with us, we want you to develop and move yourself on. We’ll encourage you to challenge yourself to acquire new skills and perspectives.
- Salary: according to profile and experience, Supervisor status
- Work organisation : annual days package
- Position located in Dieppe (France), travel to be planned on the ships as well as for visiting suppliers
Are we a match? Then what are you waiting for? Apply Now.
If you think your personality, skills, experience and ambition match this role, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume as soon as possible as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis.
We look forward to hearing from you.