Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Rental Coordinator/Administrator, reporting to Rental Operations Supervisor. In this role, you will be a key part of our rental team providing professional and customer focused support to the Rental and Base Services department. You will be responsible for responding to internal/external enquiries and undertaking administration activities relating to rental, base service repairs, logistics and compliance.
- Evaluate and respond to customer enquiries effectively and promptly.
- Preparation, maintenance and completion of rental contract and repairs documentation.
- Day to day administration of contracts on ERP and rental asset management system.
- Rental customer monthly utilisation reporting and invoicing.
- Ensure compliance with KM Screening and Export Control policies by completing the various checks and requesting authorisation to supply when required.
- Booking shipments within UK and working with freight agents for exporting goods outside the UK.
- Provide support to colleagues with tasks relating to export control.
- Assist with administration for importation of goods to the UK, including preparation of import clearance instructions for freight agent.
- Preparation, issuing and expediting of purchase orders.
- Review and seek approval of supplier invoices within required timescales.
- Preparation of documentation for equipment shipment, including raising delivery notes and customs invoices, ensuring the correct export licensing controls are applied.
- Provide support and holiday/absence cover for colleagues when required.
- Undertaking training as necessary for role development.
- Contribute towards effective team working and communication both internal & external.
- Demonstrate a high standard of good health and safety practice for self and others.
Qualifications and experience
- Educated to HNC level in a relevant subject (or commensurate with experience)
- At least 3 year’s experience in an administration role
- Experience dealing with customer requests and invoicing
- Experience working in logistics
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel
- Good working knowledge of Business ERP Systems
Additional desirable experience
- Experience working in a rental or repairs business area
- Experience relating to import/export processes and customs regulations
- Knowledge of shipping restricted goods (e.g. dangerous goods or dual use products)
You are able to
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourages team.
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit package with good development opportunities in an international environment. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication