Jern, stål og metaller - Produksjon
Elkem Carbon Solutions has a global R&D center in Kristiansand that is co-located with other R&D centers in the Elkem Group. Our laboratory facilities are benchmark in the industry and our R&D team consists of highly dedicated personnel with in-depth material, process, and application know-how. We are constantly developing new products and more environmentally friendly solutions for our customers.
As R&D Director, you will be heading the global R&D work in the division. In addition to our R&D center in Kristiansand, we have local resources and laboratory facilities at our plants in Brazil, China and South Africa. We are also investing in a brand new R&D Center in Shanghai, to be closer to our customers in Asia.
Most important areas of responsibility
- Facilitate ideation as part of the innovation process
- Manage our global portfolio of R&D projects
- Engage with customers, R&D institutions and other external stakeholders on open innovation initiatives
- Transfer competence and learnings across regions and functions
- Global laboratory procedures and calibration
- Testing and qualification of new raw materials
Qualifications required for the position
- PhD within material science, metallurgy, inorganic chemistry or related field relevant for carbon material production
- Deep understanding of ferroalloy production processes and metal production
- Relevant experience from materials research and product development
- Advanced abilities on data analysis and statistical tools
- Fluent in English and preferably also in Norwegian
We are looking for a precise and efficient professional with a strong drive for product development and innovation.