Project Manager, Battery Energy Storage System
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, grid services, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4000 employees in 16 countries. Our aim is to become a leading developer of onshore wind and solar projects, taking on a significantly larger number of projects than before.
The business area European Wind and Solar (E) is responsible for development and ownership of wind, grid services and solar assets in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft, the group procurement function and development of new business opportunities.
We are currently looking to recruit an office-based Project Manager, Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) to strengthen the business area’s Project Delivery Unit (PDU) based in our Glasgow office. The PDU team is responsible for the project execution of large-scale infrastructure renewable projects of onshore wind, solar and grid services across Ireland and the UK. You will report to the Project Delivery Director for Ireland & UK.Your role:
As a Project Manager, Construction; your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage a number of construction projects at various stages of construction to include organising, leading and ensuring effective management and administration of the Project as per the Statkraft Capital Project Model (CPM).
- Coordination of project team including external consultants, contractors and service providers.
- Reporting on projects status to the Project Steering Committee and to senior management.
- The implementation of anti-corruption prevention (e.g. assess and address risks, training, transparent reporting of incidents, monitoring of contractors) while ensuring that reporting of the project is according to The Statkraft Way.
- Ensure internal communication, co-operation and co-ordination between the different staff members of the Project and with other parties with interfaces to the Project (Region, Country and Corporate).
- Ensure efficient and regular project meetings and recording of minutes and agreed actions. This includes (but is not limited to) general internal project reporting, tracking of project spend & progress, tracking of project payments & variations and various project management documentation compilation and maintenance.
- Support the tendering processes for new projects.
- Manage the inputs from technical design team to finalize the design of the projects.
- Using Statkraft internal tools for payments, project tracking, safety, contract management, risk management etc.
- General contribution to the construction of wind, solar, battery storage & other renewable energy projects competence in Statkraft, including development and maintenance of high environmental and HSSE standards.
- University degree in engineering or natural sciences with documented extensive experience.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar field of managing renewable energy development projects with a proven track record of delivering renewable/large scale infrastructure projects through construction.
- Previous experience with BESS projects not necessary, but strong Electrical and Civil background would be an advantage.
- Clear affinity with renewables and ideally relevant working experience in the renewable energy industry in particular the construction processes and environmental assessments of wind, solar, Battery & other renewable energy projects.
- Demonstrated experience of having full responsibility for management of project budgets and schedules from early-stage development to construction.
- Strong technical understanding of renewable energy technology with experience of contracts and technical appendices for main technology supply contracts.
- Strong communication, relationship building and good management skills including organisational ability and a target oriented; demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Excellent application of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project (or equivalent), AutoCAD, Share-point and other applications.
- Ability to concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations and risk/benefit, both in written and verbal format to project teams.
- Independent self-starter with a clear ability to manage a large workload, often providing support to processes managed by colleagues, while prioritizing tasks and effectively juggling competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes