Bransje:Energi- og vannforsyning
Se her for andre jobber fra Statkraft AS
Project Engineer – Grid Services
18 Month contract – salary £50 – 75k
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy and has 4000 employees in 17 countries. Our aim is to become a leading developer of onshore wind and solar projects, taking on a significantly larger number of projects than before.
Renewable energy is increasingly displacing coal, gas and nuclear energy from the electricity generation mix. Statkraft is developing new flexible technologies (including battery storage & rotating stabilisers) to provide services, (e.g. frequency response, stability) to National Grid in its role as Electricity System Operator for Great Britain. These ancillary or system services are required to allow the grid to integrate increasing levels of renewable energy generation.
Statkraft has a small but experienced team of innovative engineers with a track record of developing such projects in GB and Ireland. Due to new and increasing opportunities, plus successful first project developments, we are seeking a new team member to provide focus and cohesion to developing the sites, projects and their associated processes to the necessary milestones for successful investment decisions, from which point the projects will be built and delivered.
The prime purpose of the role is to ensure that we design and develop projects with energy storage, synchronous compensators etc that are engineered to a high level to meet NGESO tender requirements in an economically efficient manner. As a result the projects meet all the internal and external requirements and are successful in bidding for tenders with National Grid ESO and achieve internal approvals. Finally the projects achieve funding for construction and go on to operate and provide services which are needed to decarbonise the GB electricity system and increase the amount of renewable energy utilised.
- Minimum 5 years in electrical engineering of energy projects.
- Substation/power station: design, construction, commissioning
- Power systems analysis /electrical machines
- Computer Aided Design
- Grid Code compliance
- Estimating and costing projects and contracts
- Project Management
- Health and Safety – i.e. CDM Regulations in UK
- Report writing
- Contract technical drafting and negotiations
- Writing specifications
- Degree or equivalent
- Relevant post graduate qualification
Applicants should :
- have excellent numerical skills;
- be able to manage multiple issues at any one time;
- communicate well with team, office colleagues, remote Statkraft colleagues, contractors and stakeholders verbally and in writing;
- be able to learn and then follow Statkraft procedures;
- be proactive and identify problems and opportunities;
- develop a general but good understanding of the projects, their technical functions and purpose;
- be precise, reliable and decisive;
- work to tight deadlines and prioritise accordingly;
- have excellent written English.
- Develop single line diagrams for projects
- Working with the team and consultants:
- Design the physical layout of sites;
- Manage or undertake power system modelling;
- Complete DRC schedules for grid connection applications;
- Draft employer’s requirements for EPC contracts;
- Provide cost estimates
- Manage, track, document specific projects in all aspects of their development up to Principal Investment Decision.
Internal environment and relationships:
The role is based in the UK linked to the Statkraft London or Glasgow Offices and will work closely with the Senior Power Systems Engineer. The majority of the small team work remotely. The applicant will have a role in interfacing with colleagues and systems in the London office and within the international support and review teams in Statkraft.
The team use external consultants, advisors and contactors in the development process and the role will include the administration of these contracts and relationships.
Other relevant information:
The costs of operating the GB grid are around £1.3 billion per annum, are rising rapidly and comprise a number of services contracted by National Grid (NGESO). NGESO has set a target of being able to operate the power system without any fossil fuel generation in 2025.
Statkraft is delivering new technologies for new services, the team won their first contracts with National Grid ESO in January 2020. As a result the team have increased the numbers of sites and projects under development, however these opportunities need to secure contracts and internal approvals to progress. Hence the appointment is on a fixed term basis up 1st April 2022. However, we expect key opportunities to come to fruition in that period and our plans are to roll out more projects, creating a larger business with greater needs for this role.
The UK’s Committee on Climate Change’s Net Zero strategy published in May 2019 forecasts a doubling of electricity use and quadrupling of renewable energy by 2050. The reduced electricity demand during Covid has shown the challenges of integrating renewable electricity without sufficient zero carbon grid services, so there is significant scope for innovation in driving down the costs of integrating renewables to the grid via these kinds of projects.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes
Reporting to Head of Grid Integration, European Wind and Solar
More on Statkraft - https://www.statkraft.com/about-statkraft/our-narrative/
To apply, please visit us on https://www.statkraft.com/careers/job-vacancies/
Enquiries only: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater