Project Development Manager Solar
Energi- og vannforsyning
Madrid or Valencia, Spain
Salary: Competitive + Benefits +Bonus
We are now looking for an experienced Solar Project Development Manager to join our highly experienced team in either Madrid or Valencia, Spain.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us to make a positive impact on our planet.
In this role you will focus on opportunities for large scale PV development in Spain. You will be responsible for growing the company’s development pipeline and support the financial closing process.
You will have experience throughout the PV project development process from greenfield all the way through to construction in Spain, along with a successful track record in project development offering great interpersonal and budget management skills. A thorough understanding of the development process is required including land prospecting and grid availability research.
Key responsibilities that you will be managing:
- Identifying Project opportunities to grow pipeline
- Prospecting large sites for ground mounted PV projects
- Managing the permitting process for secured projects
- Research grid status and availability and liaise with DNOs
- Negotiating land agreements
- Negotiating sub-contractor roles responsibilities and contracts
- Negotiating key development project contracts
- Analysing and reviewing commercial viability based on projects’ technical design and costing
- Market research and developing an in-depth knowledge of local market legislation, regulations, etc.
- Managing local land finder partners
- Internal pipeline management and reporting
- Financial analysis of opportunities
- Presenting projects to the internal investment committee
- Defining development budgets
- Managing costs and cashflow within the development budget
- PPA negotiations
- 3 years + experience with the development process for large scale solar power plants in Spain, specially through permitting, grid and land management.
- A good understanding of all parts of the Renewable Industry, PV development cycle is essential and experience with negotiating agreements and contracts is highly desirable.
- Experience in project management and business development, track record when it comes to delivery and contractual negotiation and closing are vital for this role.
- You will ideally have worked as either a wind or solar developer and have seen a number of distributed generation schemes from greenfield through permitting, financial close and into operation.
- You will be fluent in English and Spanish.
- All candidates must be eligible to work full time in Spain.
- Candidates must live in commutable distance to Madrid or Valencia.
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy and offer our team:
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- Professional and personal development in an exciting European energy company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.