Project Development Assistant
Energi- og vannforsyning
Valencia or Madrid, Spain
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits and 20% Bonus
We want to hear from you if you have experience throughout the PV project development process including compliance related matters from greenfield all the way through to construction in Spain.
Statkraft is now looking for a Project Development Assistant to join our highly successful team in Valencia or Madrid to support us to grow the company’s large-scale development pipeline. You will be involved in project development offering great interpersonal skills and budget management.
You will also participate in Greenfield development – establishing Statkraft’s development projects in Spain and take them to Ready to Build. A thorough understanding of the development process is required including land prospecting and grid availability research as well as permitting process follow up.
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power, and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4,000 employees in 17 countries.
You will have experience in the following:
- Prospecting large sites for ground mounted PV projects
- Supporting the permitting process for secured projects
- Research grid status and availability and liaise with DNOs
- Support in Negotiating land agreements
- Support in Negotiating sub-contractor roles responsibilities and contracts
- Support in Negotiating key development project contracts
- Support in Identifying, negotiating, and managing co-development agreements
- Analyzing and reviewing commercial viability based on projects’ technical design and costing
- Market research and developing an in-depth knowledge of local market legislation, regulations, support schemes etc.
- Internal pipeline management and reporting
- Work closely with the Compliance unit and the legal department to identify and address needs and gaps while contributing on a range of tasks described below regarding Spanish operations
- Support in Integrity Due Diligence (IDD) work
- Coordination of external IDDs (including procurement processes)
- Coordination of work with regards to the engagement of and in-depth IDDs on high risk business partners (e.g. land scouts), subcontractors (e.g. business partners that are engaged by co-developers) as well as on medium to low risk business partners
- Support in external training activities for co-developers, land scouts or other high-risk business partners as well as high-risk subcontractors
- Monitoring/reporting of compliance documentation, including compliance questionnaires, minutes of meetings between public officials and co-developers
- Housekeeping of internal documentation
What we are looking for:
- The successful candidate must be fluent in English and Spanish
- 1 year + experience with the development process for large scale solar power plants in Spain, specially through permitting, grid and land management
- Experience in compliance
- A good understanding of all parts of the Renewable Industry and PV development cycle is essential
- The successful candidate will ideally have worked as either a wind or solar developer and has seen several distributed generation schemes from greenfield through permitting, financial close and into operation
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.