Se her for andre jobber fra Kongsberg Gruppen
Product Director, Positioning & Maneuvering
For over 200 years, KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defense, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries.
Kongsberg Maritimes Integrated Solutions Division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
Kongsberg Maritime is now looking for a Product Director, Positioning & Maneuvering, reporting to SVP Automation & Bridge Systems. In this position you will be heading up our Positioning and Maneuvering product lines, leading a professional and dedicated team of Product Managers and Product Advisors.
In this role you will be setting the strategic direction for the area, driving the development of new solutions for a number of exciting areas such as autonomous navigation systems, remote control, dynamic positioning, control and guidance systems for mission equipment, energy optimization, and advanced maneuvering control. The role requires a strong technical background, a commercial mind-set, and experience of bringing new products to market, as well as a demonstrable knowledge of one or more of the product areas, the maritime market and an understanding of the fluctuations and commercial opportunities that arise. With Kongsberg Maritime being present in 34 counties, the role requires a global approach to managing teams and delivering advanced Positioning & Maneuvering product development.
If you are ambitious and want to make a difference, then this is the place to do it!
- Develop and drive a profitable product portfolio, in a life cycle perspective
- Accountable for the Product budget, including monitoring and reporting
- Stay abreast of maritime market fluctuations and capture commercial opportunities that arise
- Main contact point on technical and product issues to other stakeholders internally and externally
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and always look for improvement possibilities. Standardize and execute on cost-down initiatives
- Create a diverse, collaborative and innovative environment through transformational leadership
Who are you / Qualifications and experience
- Prior leadership experience in a global business setting, able to lead and drive a highly skilled team towards common goals and vision, always looking to develop people and talents.
- Commercial mindset with a proven record of delivering financial results, yet able to strike the correct balance between customer success and business outcomes.
- Strong collaborative mindset, able to act as integrator in the organization, forging strong relationships. Shares knowledge, experience, information and supports others. Able to build and maintain a broad network and utilize it in the pursuit of achieving team and business goals.
- Effective communication and presentations skills, able to develop a clear vision and effectively articulate this as you build motivation and inspiration to support the mission ahead.
- You are ambitious, determined, self-driven, able to execute on set plans and see things through
- Experience from the Maritime industry and knowledge of Positioning & Maneuvering products
- Proven experience from developing product vision, product strategies, product introductions, roadmap definitions and execution. Knowledge of Life Cycle Management is considered a plus
We can offer
- An international, dynamic, informal and creative environment with highly qualified colleagues who supports and share their knowledge and experience with you.
- An opportunity to work with innovative, sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
- Great challenges and competence development within several fields and disciplines
With us you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment.
- This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no
- Travelling as required
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers
WORLD CLASS through people, technology and dedication
Se her for andre jobber fra Kongsberg Gruppen