Join our high caliber team as a Product Advisor.
By using leading-edge technology, KONGSBERG DIGITAL is a provider of next generation software and creator of complex digital solutions that are changing the fields within maritime, utilities and oil & gas.
We are looking for extraordinary individuals to join us on our mission to digitalize these industries, and to support our growth we are now searching for a Product Advisor. The role offers broad responsibility with good career development opportunities to match our growth ambitions.
Do you want to work for a company that creates the technology of tomorrow? Are you a person with great attention to detail, have a passion for your field of work and who are looking for the next smart career move?
If yes, then this role is made for you.
As our new Product Advisor for our Ship Engine Room Simulator, you will become an important part of our Maritime Simulations team that provides market leading simulator solutions that are used for mandatory STCW training and advanced integrated crew training for maritime, naval and offshore industries worldwide. The product department is responsible for the overall management of the product line. Based on input from the market and our organization, the product group defines, owns, and executes the product development roadmap as well as the product profitability. The role interacts with many parts of the organization and good communication skills and a structured mind is key.
To succeed in this role, we believe you hold a bachelor’s degree of Maritime Engineering or similar. You have a high capability of multitasking, are self-driven, structured, and analytical. Kongsberg Digitals Maritime Simulation is transitioning to offer “Simulation as a service”. It is a bonus if you have experience from a product organization with DevOps and modern software development, but not required. What is most important is good knowledge within maritime engine room products, systems, and the maritime business.
This role is perfect for you who already have:
- Maritime/sea going experience within marine engineering
- Marine Engineer or Ship Electrical Engineer
- Knowledge within maritime training and regulations
- Monitor the market to ensure input to product strategy, business cases and roadmap
- Responsible for specific applications/features based on the K-Sim Engine product portfolio
- Create system requirement specifications and functional specifications for new products / functions, taking a clear product ownership when interacting with software development teams, customers, and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain product documentation including user documentation, neutral specifications, product descriptions and test procedures
- Quality assurance/approval of the product line in cooperation with development department test setup
- Execute/manage product training internal and external
- Execute/manage product certification processes
- Assist sales department with sales and market activities
What we offer:
- Exciting challenges and possibility to develop yourself working with other highly competent peers
- Great career opportunities and possibility for personal development within a dynamic and innovative company
- A high level of flexibility
- Competitive compensation and good benefits
- Some travelling must be expected
Kongsberg Digital is a great place to work, and we welcome you aboard no matter who you are or where you come from. We will do everything in our power to give you a job you love doing, and a work environment you love working in.
Join us on our journey to World Class - through People, Technology and Dedication.
Feel free to contact Product Director Leif Pentti Halvorsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any further questions regarding the position.
If you want to apply for this position please follow this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2704252762/?capColoOverride=true