Kongsberg Gruppen (KONGSBERG) is an international knowledge-based corporation. The bulk of the Group's operations address international markets, with a strong and growing geographical distribution of earnings. The Group has 11,000 employees in more than 25 countries. The Group delivers high-technology systems to discerning customers engaged in offshore oil and gas production, the merchant marine, and the defence and aerospace industries. KONGSBERG is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and had a 2020 revenue of NOK 25 Billion (US$ 2.9 Billion)
Kongsberg Digital Inc., Digital Energy business unit for Simulation has offices in Houston (US), Horten and Asker (Norway), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Szczecin (Poland), and Bangalore (India). The unit is among the largest within dynamic process simulation in the Upstream oil and gas industry. Our main business is to provide dynamic process and flow simulator services and solutions to the oil and gas industry based on the advanced proprietary dynamic process and flow simulators; K-Spice and LedaFlow. A variety of services and solutions ranging from conceptual process studies, engineering verification simulators, control system check-out simulators and operator training simulators to real time production monitoring systems and flow assurance studies are provided. The range of digital applications is steadily increasing to meet the growing demands of the industry - particularly in the direction of Digital Twins and Machine Learning Applications.
We are looking for enthusiastic professionals with a strong motivation to take on challenging tasks in an environment driven by a desire to add value to clients, strong teamwork and practical creativity. Our clients include the major oil and gas companies, process plant operators, engineering service companies and academic and research institutions.
We enjoy a growing demand for our services worldwide and are now inviting candidates to apply for employment at our Houston office.
Typical projects include:
- Design, engineering, configuration and installation of Engineering Simulators, Operator Training Simulators and DCS Check-Out Simulators
- Design, engineering, configuration and installation of Production Management Systems and Leak Detection Systems
- Plant design and engineering including process and safety controls verification
- Support and maintenance of delivered systems
- FEED stage and detailed engineering design studies
- Process optimization and de-bottlenecking
- Design and control system verification
- Multiphase flow assurance studies
- Machine learning and advanced analytics for production efficiency
- Build and configure dynamic process and flow models in K-Spice and LedaFlow
- Run simulations for wide range of scenarios with built models
- Implement Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Hook-up and check-out control systems
- Carry out dynamic process and control studies
- Analyze oil & gas processes and plant control systems
- Perform optimization and de-bottlenecking studies
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates will preferably have a bachelor’s degree or higher in chemical engineering, petroleum engineering, process engineering or similar from a recognized college or university.
0 - 3 years of process engineering or automation related experience is preferred in following areas.
- Process design and engineering of offshore oil & gas facilities
- Dynamic process modeling and simulation
- Distributed control system design and configuration
- Flow assurance in offshore oil & gas production
- Positive attitude
- Good inter-personal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong command of the English language
- Able and willing to travel (about 10 -20%)
- Challenging tasks in an international and innovative work environment
- An opportunity to work in a highly competent and client-driven business
- A high degree of personal autonomy within agreed areas of responsibility
- Competitive remuneration package and benefits
- Working location in Houston, Texas
Questions about the positions and resumes may be sent directly to HR Debbie.email@example.com
To learn more about Kongsberg, please visit us at http://www.kongsberg.com/kdi.