Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
Full time Hybrid Working Model
Statkraft now has an exciting opportunity for a Public Relations (PR) Assistant to join our UK team, based in our Bishopsgate office, London!
Are you working in a career within Public Relations? Are you passionate about renewable energy and sustainability then you could help solve the climate crisis with Statkraft! This is your chance to realise the potential of renewable energy and make a positive impact on our planet.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
As part of the European Wind & Solar team (E) at Statkraft, and reporting to the UK Communications Manager, you’ll work with colleagues who develop and operate our renewable power plants across a broad range of technologies, with colleagues who trade energy and offer PPAs, alongside our E communication team and corporate functions.
About the role:
In this role you’ll be supporting the communications team with activities that help us to deliver ambitious comms plans. You’ll play a key part in developing our successful business in the UK, building our quality reputation and raise our profile.
You will have excellent organisational skills and experience working in a fast-paced, creative PR agency or in-house communications team. You’ll be passionate, have sound judgement and confidence to seek solutions. Knowledge and understanding of the energy & renewables industry is desirable. In addition, we are looking for the following:
- Media training and ability to build a confident team of spokespeople; organise training and support
- Close collaboration with third party PR agencies, national and project-specific
- Recognising opportunities for social media, photography and further publicity
- Identify opportunities for providing reactive and proactive commentary to the media
- Own and manage the media monitoring process, including providing strategic advice about how to react when appropriate
- Ability to collate media lists and forge important press relationships
- Coordinating press enquiries
We are looking for an experienced PR Assistant with the essential skills to future-proof our business and renewable energy solutions. That includes:
- Degree in relevant field
- Experience in communications (B2B preferable)
- A firm grasp of the foundations of communications (strategy, narrative, tone of voice, boilerplate)
- A full understanding of media needs and media relationships, local and national
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the political environment in the UK (there will be collaboration with the public affairs teams)
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Must possess excellent organisational and planning skills
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
Desirable experience includes:
- Event planning and logistics
- Coordination of event and awards submissions
- Campaign planning, execution, and analysis
What we offer:
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- 26 days core holiday
- Competitive Pension
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including LinkedIn Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles