Portfolio Strategist (f/m/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
Trading & Origination is Statkraft’s central commercial unit for proprietary trading of standard and origination of non-standard energy related products and assumes the role of a market integrator for third party renewable and flexible assets encompassing the supply of power and green solutions to customers in Europe and in the US.
For Southern European Origination business, we are looking to strengthen our analytical and data science capabilities within the portfolio management team.
- Main focus will be to steer fundamental/market analysis to provide insights for view formation and portfolio strategy
- Provide data-driven decision support and deliver insights to senior portfolio managers and management
- Develop a suite of tools and models to enable streamlined delivery of robust and repeatable insights
- Co-ordinate data management and Python library on the desk
- Co-ordinate deployment of in-house fundamental models in portfolio management workflows
- Contribute to the improvement of curve and pricing methodology
- Support senior structurers with model development and deployment
- Liase with IT solution managers and developers to implement required model, data and architecture solutions
- Minimum 3 years commercial analytical/strategy experience in an energy trading company.
- Understanding of power system economics and fundamental models
- Proven track record building front-office decision making tools
- Understanding of modelling PPA and other energy-related risks
- Data science ability in Python
- Pragmatic thinking and a commercial mindset
- Exceptional communicator, skilled at internal (in particular non-technical) stakeholder management
- A degree in physics, engineering, economics or similar technical fields at Masters level
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.