Platform Product Owner for Virtual Power Plants (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
Continental Energy & Market Access (MC) unit is responsible for the energy management of Statkraft’s assets in the regions Continental, UK and Turkey; and market access activities in Germany, the UK, Turkey, Belgium and France as well as for all market activities in South East Europe. Market access activities require an end-to-end approach from sales to energy management and settlement/invoicing processes.
The department Systems, Projects & Analysis (MCX) is responsible for creating a common scalable approach across market access activities and support the other departments in analysis. MCX is the owner of MC Platform aiming to automate and reduce non-value adding process steps in the Market Access Sales and Operation process. Running the platform involves business process engineering, system implementation, process improvements and new business/product implementations. The Virtual Power Plant contains a centralised control system, a series of distributed energy resources and a collection of flexible consumers. Utilising all units through a remote-control unit creates a transfer of data between the centralised control system and the associated units.
The Platform Product Owner of Virtual Power Plants will have responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the Platform Product Virtual Power Plant strategically, tactically and operationally.
- Represents the needs of the Super User community to the product development team in IT and external vendors.
- Drive new process and system design, focused on balancing cost reduction with improving quality and speed, through a mix of Subject Matter Expertise on the business, systems and processes coupled with strong process methodology expertise.
- Manage process and system implementations from concept to deployment, through monitoring process performance in the live environment, identifying waste and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Implement prototypes for automation using the existing and new technologies in Statkraft
- Plan and execute new business implementations on the Platform
- Provide an optimization and improvement capability across Market Access and wider process scope owning, driving and delivering tangible cost reduction, increased speed; resulting in customer and user satisfaction.
- Support all process and system requirements for Market Access processes, including all the required documentation
- University degree in engineering, natural sciences or business
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in energy markets and energy management
- System/application management experience with Virtual Power Plant systems preferred
- Strong process design, automation and technical skills to enable lean and automated process solutions
- Agile/scrum experience or certification
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and some scripting experience with Python
- Strong cross team collaboration with an ability to effectively influence decisions, direction and outcomes
- Demonstrable achievement within a results-driven, highly ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Some database experience (e.g. SQL/MongoDB/Oracle) preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English and German
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace regarding to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.