DNO is seeking an experienced Piping Engineer based in Erbil but with frequent visits to the projects site in Kurdistan and Dubai office. The Piping Engineer will be joining an international and dynamic working environment characterized by experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
The Piping Engineer shall be accountable for all piping engineering in accordance with the approved development plans and the corporate design and HSSE standards.
- Responsible for Piping design, drawings and engineering documents.
- Provide technical services in support of the EPC phase of projects
- Decision maker and ability to resolve piping technical issues on time.
- Development and interpretation of basis of design, specifications, datasheets, WT calculations and scope of work for projects.
- Use of stress analysis software (Caesar II) and / or interpret stress analysis reports.
- Capable of generating Piping deliverables such as MTO, Tie-in Schedule, Valve Schedule, Piping GA’s, SP Item datasheets and Isometrics from scratch, with 2D and 3D modelling software.
- Ability to use Navisworks software to interrogate 3D models.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and schedule work (short term and long term) and ensures execution of work plan.
- Technical interface with Suppliers for RFQs and timely delivery of piping components
- Provide input into the Technical Evaluation of the EPC bids received from Contractors, including providing any discipline clarifications to the bids, review of the engineering execution strategy and assess bidder competence to provide the required technical services.
- Verify and sign-off Contractor technical designs in accordance with approved standards.
- Endorse technical deviations/waivers/variations to approved guidelines, codes, standards and practices as required.
- Attend project meetings and scheduled design reviews, HAZOP, SIMOPS and Constructability reviews as required.
- Deliver timely service to meet the project requirements by meeting required document review cycles
- Early and timely engagement with Contractor discipline engineers and other Company discipline engineers to ensure Contractor designs are compliant at first revision, reducing revision cycling.
- Perform As-Builts and update existing facilities drawings.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- >3 years of experience in large capital expenditure (CAPEX) projects and brownfield modifications, preferably within the oil and gas industry. At least 1 year as a successful piping engineer.
- Have technical skills and knowledge of practical piping techniques.
- Hands-on experience with construction and commissioning.
- Familiar with the mechanical engineering software (AutoCAD, CADWorx, PDMS, Caesar II, Navisworks )
- Knowledge and Understanding of Modularized process plant design and Installation