Bransje:Forskning og utvikling
Se her for andre jobber fra Folkehelseinstituttet
PhD position in register-based research on effects of severe illness on the family
At the Centre for Fertility and Health, we have a 3-year position as a PhD candidate available for an economist/health economist or a medical doctor. As a PhD candidate at the Centre you will be part of a multidisciplinary research team consisting of epidemiologists, geneticists, demographers, and economists from Norway and abroad. The Centre has extensive collaborations with national and international research groups.
The research topic for the open position is “the effects of severe illness on the family”. There has been a growing awareness that serious illness in one family member may have a significant impact on other individuals within the family. According to the OECD, the probability of being in poverty in the U.S. is 50% higher among families who have a disabled child than among families that do not have a child with disabilities. Not only might it have economic implications, it can also have profound health effects.
The project will be based on quantitative research methods using Norwegian register data. The chosen candidate will have access to a data set containing information from official registries on demographics, education, income, primary and specialist health service use. To identify causal effects various research designs, such as event study and family fixed effects, will be used.
The PhD candidate will be enrolled at a PhD program at the University of Oslo. Traveling should be expected.
- Contribute to the project and analyse research data.
- Write and publish scientific papers.
- Complete a PhD.
- Academic and popular dissemination of results.
- Contribute to the development of research at the centre and the institute.
- Collaborate with a large network of researchers.
Relevant candidates must have the necessary qualifications to be enrolled as a PhD candidate at the University of Oslo. Besides exam grades, the skills and qualifications that can be emphasized in ranking of candidates include:
- Skills and experience in quantitative statistical and/or econometric methods.
- Experience with using register data to conduct empirical studies.
- Experience with organizing and analyzing big complex datasets.
- Experience with statistical software such as STATA and R.
- An interesting job with varied tasks in an active and engaging research environment.
- The opportunity to work on population-based data sets and with researchers that are world-class.
- The opportunity for professional advancement and development of an independent research profile.
- An employer with a great societal responsibility who plays an important role in the health and welfare of the Norwegian population.
- A three-year temporary position as PhD-student. Salary by agreement, within the state's wage regulation.
- Good welfare schemes.
- Favorable pension schemes, mortgages and insurance schemes in the Government Pension Fund of Norway.
- Flexible working times.
- The start date will be decided together with the candidate.
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater