Originator (Germany) (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do
As part of the Trading & Origination Department, the Origination team focus on originating, structuring and negotiating often complex transactions in wholesale markets, while the Portfolio Management provides the analysis, structuring and pricing platform to all non-standard commodity contracts and manages the entire portfolio exposure in the market across the curve until delivery. Thereby, Origination and Portfolio Management closely collaborate on a “one team – one PnL” philosophy. The portfolio consists of tailor-made long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) with IPPs / generators and long-term sales contracts to large end customers as well as other non-standard flexible and structured wholesale products.
You will be based in Düsseldorf and you will build upon the German Upstream Origination activities which consist of sourcing energy from mainly intermittent renewable generation for Statkraft’s portfolio. You will report directly to the Head of Upstream Origination Germany. Your activities will include
- Identify, develop, negotiate and execute complex structured energy transactions with embedded optionality with a focus on renewable PPAs
- Manage entire deal approval process with all internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with project developers and operators of renewable assets, investors and banks
- Originate new and out-of-the box marketing and trading opportunities with counterparties/clients to enlarge Statkraft’s playing field
- Discuss and support deal structuring and pricing with portfolio management and closely cooperate with colleagues in the Düsseldorf office, fellow originators, the direct marketing team and risk analysts for new deal origination
- Support and automate activities through improving system and reporting infrastructure with respect to CRM, internal interfaces and information flow
- Being an ambassador of Statkraft’s origination business in conferences and technical lectures
- University degree in economics, engineering, business, or similar and minimum 3 years of professional work experience in energy markets. Relevant commercial (front office) experience. Upstream market knowledge would be a plus
- Proven track record in the valuation, structuring, negotiation and execution of either asset-backed transactions or structured commodity transactions
- Experience with non-standard power contract terms, long-term renewable off take agreements / PPAs
- Strong understanding of and view on power market fundamentals, interconnections, generation assets, market players and market regulations
- Solid quantitative modelling skills with demonstrable knowledge of evaluating business cases and pricing more complex energy structures
- Local network to upstream generators, IPPs, developers, investors, banks, utilities and merchant traders would be a plus
- Strong team player, who has experience in cooperating with different internal functions (e.g. Operations, Risk, Credit, Legal, other Front Office desks) to manage the deal lifecycle from initiation to execution into operations
- Strong commercial mind-set and high level of initiative and motivation, ability to work independently
- Fluent in German and English
- Willingness to travel
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation. The position is based in Düsseldorf.