Originator Environmental Products
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
Statkraft’s Global Environmental Markets team is looking to add an environmental products originator/analyst/transaction specialist to its San Francisco office. This candidate should have a strong analytical background and some experience interacting with the regulated exchanges (e.g. Nodal and ICE) and via the brokered market.
You will support the execution of various environmental products, primarily RECs, as well as contributing to the origination and analysis of various trading strategies. In addition you will
- Perform fundamental market analysis
- Be responsible for management reporting
- Manage new product implementation
- Execute strategies and support the group’s origination team and portfolio manager through analytical support, including, but not limited to: fundamental market analysis, management reporting, new product implementation and more.
The candidate will have several years of experience executing transactions in the various global environmental markets at either a bank, utility, trading house, or regulated compliance entity. Further, the candidate should have a strong analytical foundation having applied his/her analysis to trading strategies and/or portfolio management.
The candidate will be well organized, process-driven but goal oriented and be able to proactively create solutions to drive operational efficiency. Knowledge of the US environmental policy/commodity landscape and familiarity with correlated power markets is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of previous work experience in the industry
- Track record of trading and good industry references
- Minimum of college degree (advanced degree in relevant field or CFA, preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in presenting (internal or external)
- Experience in options markets is a plus
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
Contacts: Lorraine Psaras (VP Talent Management)
Telephone: +44 (0)7436 132895