Origination Support Intern (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
In Iberia Statkraft has, since 2018, been an active trader of power, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
What we do:
Within Statkraft’s Southern European Trading & Origination department, the Trading & Origination mandate covers position taking in standard and non-standard products across the Spanish and Portuguese markets in Europe, involving mostly Long Term trading. The team managing this portfolio exists of experts on power and fuels.
The energy landscape is changing rapidly and so is our business. Our experienced and international team continuously improves the optimization tools, forecasts and trading strategies using data science techniques: data mining and visualization, developing hypotheses, testing statistical models in order to develop own view of the forward market prices which ultimately lead into signing LT Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) with RES Developers and Retailers . All this happens in close collaboration with our traders and corporate strategy teams. New business opportunities arise frequently and need to be valued and eventually operationalized. The execution and contract management of these PPAs requires a close follow up and attention to ensure that the billing/settlement processes and performance of the contract is monitored and controlled.
Your internship will be in the centre of these front-office activities and you will be given responsibility from day one. Over the course of your internship you will become familiar with many aspects of the energy market, data structures and the trading & origination business. Since your work is at the heart of our business and therefore commercially significant you will always have expert support, but we also expect you to work independently. There is always room for exploring new ideas and business. Our interns are highly valuable members of our teams and you will actively contribute to the further development and growth of Statkraft Markets, working closely with various departments in Germany, Norway and Iberia.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the origination process in terms of search and analysis of suitable counterparties for long-term power and environmental certificates transactions;
- Help in the structuring and further development of the CRM process;
- Contribute in the creation, development and implementation of sales and marketing campaigns for long-term structured power and environmental certificates transactions;
- Provide market analysis in terms of competition, industry trends, emerging customer challenges, regulatory changes and changes in the marketplace;
- Support the Trading & Origination team to compile market information to support better RES market intelligence.
- Students (Bachelor or Master) on their last university year specialised in energy/environment (e.g. Energy/environmental management, business, engineering) with strong analytical skills
- Interest and motivation to learn about renewable energy and power markets
- Team player and high level of initiative and self-motivation
- Proactive and independent way of working
- Knowledge of IT tools (excel and word)
- Good communication skills
- English and Spanish writing and speaking proficiency
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and fair remuneration
- Learning on the job from the Origination team in Madrid
- Internship agreement with your university
Duration: 6-12 months, full time or part time
Expected start date: flexible but preferably September 2021
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Statkraft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin or disability.