Origination Assistant - 6 Month Contract
Energi- og vannforsyning
Madrid | contrato laboral en practicas
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in Origination Iberia
Within Statkraft’s Southern European Trading & Origination department, the Trading & Origination mandate covers position taking in standard and non-standard products across the Spanish and Portuguese markets in Europe, involving mostly Long Term trading. The team managing this portfolio exists of experts on power and fuels.
The energy landscape is changing rapidly and so is our business. Our experienced and international team continuously improves the optimization tools, forecasts and trading strategies using data science techniques: data mining and visualization, developing hypotheses, testing statistical models in order to develop own view of the forward market prices which ultimately lead into signing LT Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) with RES Developers and Retailers . All this happens in close collaboration with our traders and corporate strategy teams. New business opportunities arise frequently and need to be valued and eventually operationalized. The execution and contract management of these PPAs requires a close follow up and attention to ensure that the billing/settlement processes and performance of the contract is monitored and controlled.
This is an initial 6 Month contract.
As an Origination Assistant in Origination Iberia you’ll:
- Support the origination process in terms of search and analysis of suitable counterparties for long-term power and environmental certificates transactions;
- Help in the structuring and further development of the CRM process;
- Contribute in the creation, development and implementation of sales and marketing campaigns for long-term structured power and environmental certificates transactions;
- Provide market analysis in terms of competition, industry trends, emerging customer challenges, regulatory changes and changes in the marketplace;
- Support the Trading & Origination team to compile market information to support better RES market intelligence.
We look for an Origination Assistant with the essential skills to future-proof our business and renewable energy solutions. Key requirements;
- Must have graduated within the last 2 years and specialised in energy/environment (e.g. Energy/environmental management, business, engineering)
- Strong analytical skills
- Interest and motivation to learn about renewable energy and power markets
- Team player and high level of initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of IT tools (excel and word)
- Good communication skills with excellent English and Spanish writing and speaking proficiency
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.