Se her for andre jobber fra DFDS AS
The Operations Director is a significant position in the logistics leadership team, playing a vital role in the achievement of the overall business objectives. They will provide leadership and strategic direction for the operational activity of DFDS Logistics in the Highlands & Islands of Scotland. This encompasses managing a team of 150 FTE office and operational workers locally in Aberdeen, Inverness, Lerwick, Stornoway & Lochmaddy with a turnover of about GBP £24m. The Operations Director will be responsible for directing a safe and efficient operation and providing operational solutions to drive growth within the existing customer base and adding new customers to the portfolio. As a key part of the Senior Leadership Team, this role will also help shape the culture and strategic development of all areas of the business in Scotland.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience and knowledge of Operational Management within the transport, logistics and shipping industries, combined with successfully leading an organisation of more than 150 employees in a structural setup with high levels of internal and external complexity. Outstanding interpersonal skills, a client-driven approach, and the ability to build strong working relationships with customers, suppliers, and colleagues at all levels, alongside communications skills which enable effortless interaction across multiple locations / countries. Naturally in a role of this nature, you will be expected to have strong self-motivation, a flexible and dynamic personality to address immediate and long-term challenges, together with the energy to work in a demanding environment. A strong charismatic and people focused leadership style with an emphasis on gaining competitive advantage and a record of delivering results through people engagement. We require for you to demonstrate a track record of being able to create new and innovative solutions that have had a direct impact on bottom line and customer satisfaction.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
- Create and implement new operational solutions that supports new business opportunities with new customers.
- Working closely with the operational & commercial leads, develop strategies for existing customers to generate more value in our offerings to them and integrate DFDS further into their supply chains.
- Collaborate with other DFDS divisions to develop new opportunities and cargo flows supporting our business and the Business Verticals.
- Innovate new solutions to grow the range of services available to our customers to build strong and long-term relationships.
- Working with the DFDS Digital team develop technological solutions to enhance our service offering and differentiate us from the competition.
- Work with Industry Forums and government bodies to drive DFDS’ agenda.
- Prepare and produce budgets and KPI reports as required in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders.
- Encourage training and development at all levels. Support people in the fulfilment of their potential and ensure that a realistic succession plan is in place.
- Ensure that all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards are properly implemented throughout the area of accountability.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll become part of a great business who take our people development seriously. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 3.6bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For four million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. We have more than 11,000 employees, located on ships and in offices across more than twenty countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, with our headquarters in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network. We are part of the CILT Top 30 Logistics Providers List.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!
Se her for andre jobber fra DFDS AS