Operations Coordinator UK Fresh
Who we are – At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… Working in our UK Fresh operation, providing administrative support to our UK planning team. Helping prepare and organise daily dispatches and ensuring all customer information is processed accurately and efficiently. Liaising with different stakeholders internally and externally to facilitate the daily transport plan.
Responsibilities will include…
- Processing customers’ orders
- Answering customer enquiries in a timely efficient manner
- Passing information and documentation on to relevant departments
- Preparing transport plans for sub-contractors
- Coordinate with various DFDS Depots and onward partners on transport requirements.
- Using customer production systems to obtain order requirements.
- To undertake relevant training as deemed appropriate.
- Preparing reports for internal use.
Key Skills Required…
- Deadline driven.
- Experience of Microsoft office suite
- Experience of working in a transport environment desired but not essential
- A keen eye for detail
- Problem solving skills.
- Communications Skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Flexible and adaptable way of working
- Works well within a team environment
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures and standards at all times. .
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and be part of a successful, forwarding thinking team. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW