Operations Coordinator Seasonal
£19,500 - £24,700
Who We Are….DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
More specifically on the Channel we have 6 vessels offering 54 crossings daily between Dover, Calais and Dunkerque with some 1.2m freight units and 1.1 million tourist vehicles per year.
The Role… We are looking to recruit motivated, enthusiastic, and customer-focused individuals to join our busy Shoreside Operations team at the Port of Dover.
We have a number of opportunities for seasonal staff with starting salaries ranging between £19,523 - £24,773. The contract will be initially for 6 months with the possibility of becoming permanent
You will be required to deliver high standards of customer service as part of the operations team. This includes check-in of tourist and freight vehicles/passengers by means of two separate reservation systems. Make new reservations on customer’s request. Assist with loading and unloading of the vessels. Office based activities such as, cash handling, communication with customers by telephone, dealing with queries both via email and face to face.
Please note that candidates who have applied in the past 6 months need not apply.
- Always meet the Customer Services standards set by DFDS.
- Perform check-in of freight and tourist vehicles/passengers at either the check-in booths or the Driver’s Reception Building.
- Deal with ticket sales in cash or by credit card for both freight and tourist vehicles/passengers.
- Complete damage reports of unaccompanied trailers reporting for shipment.
- Assist with making freight reservations by email or telephone.
- Assist with loading and discharging the vessels involving communication and use of hand-held UHF radios.
- Liaise with some Authorities and Government Agencies.
- Offer service status updates to customers as instructed by either the Duty Manager or the Supervisor.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and you may be required to undertake other duties requested by your Senior Managers.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental, and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!