Power & Gas Operations Coordinator (m/f/d)
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
The Power and Gas Operations team is responsible for balancing and scheduling of Statkraft’s physical energy position across most European markets. We work closely on the daily basis with external stakeholders like exchanges, transmission system operators (TSOs) and customers as well as with many front, middle and back office functions in Statkraft. Our mission is to reliably provide balanced physical energy to our customers and to the market. In addition, the team is responsible for development of its scheduling software and other operational IT tools, for implementation of all new physical energy and trading products as well as for monitoring critical data flows. Team members are on shift rotation schedule, enabling 12-hour office presence during the working week, weekends and public holidays.
- Be part of culturally diverse shift team
- Become an expert in questions of transport of power and gas across Europe and contribute sovereignly to the daily operational responsibilities(shift work)
- Schedule and optimize Statkraft’s physical gas and power positions
- Develop and maintain external interfaces to exchanges, capacity offices, TSO’s and Statkraft’s customers with support of our existing logistics software
- Optimize existing or create new IT tools and applications for balancing, capacity bidding, exchange bidding, scheduling and reporting procedures
- Manage the end-to-end data flows within the renewables value chain (e.g. metering and forecasting data)
- University/Technical College Degree (Bachelor or Master)
- Team player with strong analytical skills
- Experience with programming languages, preferably Python or VBA
- Self-motivated and enjoying independent project work
- General IT and data affinity
- Attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Strong command of the English language (other languages, e.g. German, Spanish, Turkish are of strong advantage)
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- Monetary childcare subsidy to support you and your family
- A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.