Looking for a career in logistics but don’t have the experience? Or wanting to process in your career with a multi-national logistics business? Either way, due to developments on our site in Shetland, we could have the role for you!
We’re looking for an Operations Assistant to join our friendly team in Shetland. We’d prefer you to have some experience in a business environment working with Microsoft Office Applications and we can support you in your career development. It’s a client facing role, so we’ll need you to be passionate about delivering an excellent service. You’ll be involved in the inventory of office supplies and PPE, and you’ll need to order new stock for our colleagues. Health and safety is at the forefront of what we do, so we will need you to share this focus and maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends and requirements and feed this to our management team. Leading on from this you’ll be generating and contributing to produce risk assessments and safe work procedures, but we will support you with your learning through the IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
We’re fully supportive of development so we would look to combine this role with a modern apprenticeship in Business Administration to raise your skills and help you progress with your career with us. You’ll become part of a great business who take our people development seriously. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. To over 8,000 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 7,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.