Offshore Development Support
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe's largest generator of renewable energy from hydro, wind, and solar power. We are 4500 employees in 18 countries across the globe. Our aim is to become a leading developer of onshore wind and solar projects, taking on a significantly larger number of projects than before.
The business area European Wind and Solar (E) is responsible for development and ownership of wind and solar assets in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft, the group procurement function and development of new business opportunities.
We are seeking a talented and motivated EIA professional to join our offshore team. This is an exciting time to join a fast pace and growing team where you will have the opportunity to develop your experience on our NISA Offshore Wind farm project. The pace will be challenging but it will be rewarding and there are significant opportunities for career development.
The main responsibilities are to:
- Support project team to deliver an Offshore EIA
- Support the EIA Manager in the management of the Consultant appointed to prepare the EIAR
- Coordination of project team including external consultants, contractors and service providers
- Support the project team in the maritime area consent application process
- Ensure Health and Safety process are adhered to
- Ensure internal communication, co-operation and co-ordination between the different staff members of the Project and with the EIA Consultant
- Ensure efficient and regular project meetings and recording of minutes and agreed actions. This includes (but is not limited to) general internal project reporting.
- Manage the tendering processes for small works packages.
- Understand and communicate key permitting risks and mitigations
- Work with the project team to design project schedules and ensure milestones are achieved
- Manage the inputs from technical design team to finalize the design of the project.
- Experience in coordinating specialist technical input to deliver carefully considered, high quality EIA’s
- Multi-sector consents and licensing experience and a passion to drive innovative approaches to environmental assessment
The successful candidate will have:
- Varied offshore consents and licencing experience ideally across multiple sectors through different phases of development particularly development phase
- Experience in coordinating specialist technical input to deliver carefully considered, high quality EIA’s for in the marine sector
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- An established network in the offshore industry would be beneficial
- Experience of coordinating multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in report writing
- Strong commercial awareness
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete role with at least 5 years post graduate experience.
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or other professional accreditation/ registration with a recognised body.(Desirable)
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes