Multi Skilled Engineer - Electrical Bias
Who are we… DFDS Logistics operates in over 20 countries inside Europe, using 3000 trailers, 3000 containers, 750 swap bodies and 300 trucks to ensure excellent customer service. People matter and we continuously seek to attract, develop, and retain employees to enforce our position as an industry leader.
The Role… We are looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer with a bias towards Electrical, with Wiring Regulations 18th Edition, to assist with maintaining all assets on site. You will also be expected to carry out other engineering duties ensuring the operations within the business are maintained to the highest standard. You will also provide flexibility in assisting the Senior Engineer as demand depicts, this could involve deputising for the Senior Engineer in their absence. to be successful in this role you must possess a Mechanical or Electrical apprenticeship or NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification along with at least 2 years’ experience in an engineer’s role.
- Manage workload priorities – planned & unplanned.
- The ability to fault find & diagnose breakdowns in a timely manner.
- To be proactive and innovative, presenting ideas for continuous improvement
- The ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of staff ensuring excellent working relationships with all other departments.
- To adopt the PPM system and carry out inspections / repairs / reporting systems to achieve scorecard objectives.
- To demonstrate good commercial awareness to ensure budgetary targets are achieved.
- Ensuring service level given to our internal operations is at the highest standard.
- To ensure prompt and effective attendance to all call outs
- Using continuous improvement techniques to reduce energy usage, to be in line with the companies Carbon Footprint goals
- To ensure the correct standards of engineering work on and offline is at an acceptable level complementing our safety and quality standards.
- To have the ability to take on different roles and responsibilities within the engineering department and to deputise for the Senior Engineer if required.
- To ensure all work carried out adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- To ensure H&S is a priority in every aspect of your work.
- Ensuring Food Safety (HACCP) is adhered in your day to day working.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Engineers role
- Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
- Good Knowledge of Electrical Maintenance
- Good Knowledge of Mechanical Maintenance
- Understanding of PLC’s / inverters
- Knowledge of Compressors and Motors
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety Law and Legislation relevant to role
- Good understanding of HACCP and the importance of food safety
- Good Knowledge of PPM systems
- Knowledge of Automated Warehouse systems and maintenance
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Regular Team social events for employees and families
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
If you want to be part of a growing and forward-thinking business that puts its colleagues first, please apply today and join our team! We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis. We are an inclusive equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all. #WE MOVE FOR ALL TO GROW