Søknadsfristen for denne jobbmuligheten er passert
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Mechanical Engineer, reporting to Team Leader, Engineering. In this role, you will be a part of the Technical Support and Engineering team in Ulsteinvik, Norway. Our team deliver design solutions, documentation, and technical support to the business.
As our Mechanical Engineer, you show a structured way of managing your tasks, being able to prioritize and execute tasks in a hectic work environment within deadlines. You will handle deliverables for refit and retrofit projects, as well as developing upgrading packages for equipment installed in the sailing fleet. You will also provide technical sales support to the business and develop and maintain reliability analysis on our products. With us, you will join a multidisciplinary and energetic team of engineers that dynamically respond to evolving objectives and emerging opportunities.
Innovate for a better world with us. Protechting People and Planet drives every solution.
- Design and validate design solutions to their requirements and safety levels
- Technical responsibility for deliverables in assigned projects
- Provide technical sales support across teams and departments
- Provide technical support within the propulsion product portfolio
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Create and maintain reliability analysis such as RCM, FMEA and RAM
Qualifications and experience
- Preferably bachelors in Engineering, Operation and Maintenance, or Master of Science in engineering
- Experience from the maritime industry is beneficial, but not a requirement
- Preferably knowledge of Siemens NX and Teamcenter or equivalent PLM and CAD software
- Experience in supporting cross functional teams
- Experience with reliability analysis
- Good time management skills, able to priotitize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Dynamically respond to evolving objectives and emerging opportunities while working in coordination with a multidiciplinary, energetic team of engineers
- Good verbal and written English and Norwegian communication skills
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through Civil Aviation Authority or a background check.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
KONGSBERG's strength is in unity. Diverse minds, protechting people and planet, drive innovation worldwide.
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
Point of contact
Marta Riise, Team Leader, Engineering
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 3000 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet