Mass cytometry (CyTOF) in public health applications - Scientist position available
One permanent Scientist position is available in the Division of Infection Control and Environmental Health. Our overall aim is to prevent infectious diseases and health impacts from biological, chemical and physical factors in the environment. We seek candidates interested in preventive medicine and public health – in the fields of infection control/vaccines and environmental medicine/toxicology. The position is closely linked to the newly established NIPH mass cytometry (CyTOF) platform, and include interdisciplinary collaboration with immunologists, toxicologists, epidemiologists, statisticians and technicians.
We are seeking a candidate for a new Scientist position in the Department for Methods Development and Analytics. You will be responsible for further development and increased competence building of the institute’s mass cytometry (CyTOF) platform. High dimensional approaches such as CyTOF have proven critical in understanding cellular responses to infectious diseases including COVID-19, as well as for other areas of strategic importance for NIPH, such as toxicology, vaccine development and monitoring, and cohort studies. The platform will collaborate across the institute as well as with external research groups in a number of multi-disciplinary projects.
The right candidate will have strong interests for methodological excellence and applications within present public health challenges. You will work in close collaboration with immunologists, toxicologists, epidemiologists, statisticians and technicians, and will contribute to a number of the platform’s project portfolio. You will also be expected to develop and contribute to new research proposals for external funding. You should be able to provide internal and external users with advice and assistance.
The Department for Methods Development and Analytics is a national competence environment for data driven methods and approaches in infection and environmental immunology, epidemiology and microbial genomics. We support the Division of Infection Control and Environmental Health within methodology and research, as well as initiate own research projects. The department delivers data to national reports and participate in several RCN and EU-funded research projects.
A 3 year post-doc position applying mass cytometry (CyTOF) is also available in the Division of Infection Control and Environmental Health, see advert 4294285107 in our recruitment portal - https://945000.webcruiter.no/Main/Recruit/Public/4294285107?language=en&link_source_id=0&showExpired=False
- Hands-on research applying mass cytometri technology in ongoing and new projects within NIPHs strategic themes
- Responsibility to stay updated at an international level on mass cytometry methodological progress
- Contribute to assure high quality and competence level for platform colleagues and users
- In collaboration with biostatisticians in the department, analyze CyTOF data sets with supervised and unsupervised data analysis tools, primarily using R
- Publish papers and internal/national reports and present results on international conferences
- Develop own and contribute to research proposals, thematically in particular in relation to systems immunology approaches
- Background and PhD degree from relevant field, such as immunology, medicine or biophysics
- Hands-on experience with mass cytometry methodology will be highly prioritized (experience with high-parameter flow cytometry is also of interest)
- Background within immunology and/or cellular physiology is highly beneficial
- Interest and experience with high-dimensional data analysis and R competence is an advantage
- Experience with high dimensional and/or high throughput analyses with large datasets is an advantage
- Experience with project management is preferred
- An international network within mass cytometry technology is an advantage
- Good English oral and written communication skills.
- When relevant: willingness to learn Norwegian
- Strong collaboration, work capacity, social skills and a positive attitude is important
- Highly motivated and strong problem solving skills
- Structured, exact and result oriented work approach
- An interesting position in a multidisciplinary, engaged and competent research environment
- Multiple opportunities to contribute to public health challenges by cutting edge science
- Opportunity to further develop our mass cytometry technology platform
- A multidisciplinary work environment within the department and institute with focus on public health
- Salary based on qualifications following the state regulations
- Pension scheme in the Government Pension Fund
- Flexible working hours
- Karriere Jobbmatch
- Bedrifter ser relevante kandidater
- Kom i kontakt og motta jobbtilbud
- Du velger selv din synlighet
- Over 90.000 registrerte kandidater