Who are we… We Move for All To Grow and at DFDS our people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talent, provide challenge and opportunity for personal growth and development and do it in an inclusive way to get the best from everyone. We take great pride empowering our people to make a real difference. Join our team and be part of our success as one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… an exciting role has arisen at DFDS Dover. We are looking for a highly competent Deputy Manifest Supervisor to ensure accurate recording of shipping manifests for freight and passengers’ vehicles.
Principal Accountabilities: -
- Ensure accuracy of data captured at check-ins.
- Ensure accuracy of the shipping manifest.
- Investigate discrepancies before finalising a shipping manifest and correct in consultation with the Duty Operations Manager.
- Ensure that the allocation between freight and passenger vehicles is adhered to and the vessel capacity utilised to the maximum.
- Ensure that the Duty Operations Manager is always kept informed and updated with any relevant information that may affect the integrity of the DFDS operations.
- Ensure that entries in Hazcheck are correct before compiling the Dangerous Goods Cargo manifest.
- Assist with customers enquiries in the Duty Operations Manager’s absence.
- Compile the “Voyage Envelope” according to MCA requirements and company policy.
- Treat passenger information, contained in the DFDS reservation system, with confidentiality.
- Maintain the smooth running of the operations in the Duty Operations Manager absence according to handover or management instructions.
- Monitor and maintain the DFDS CCTV system.
- Maintain the cash sheet for the shift and ensure that the float is cashed up accurately at the end of each shift.
- Bank daily takings as per procedures.
- Ensure that various statistics are correctly completed daily and passed on to the relevant parties and agencies in a timely fashion.
- Liaison with DHB Terminal Control, local authorities, Police, Customs and Immigration.
Knowledge & Qualifications: -
- Extensive knowledge of capacity management (Capacity Overview Window, Travel Tool Box in Seabook)
- Extensive knowledge of tourist bookings and check-in functionalities (Seabook)
- Extensive knowledge of freight bookings and check-in functionalities (Phoenix)
- Extensive knowledge of lane allocation management
- Knowledge of customer accounts.
- Knowledge of MCA requirements for compiling shipping manifests.
- Knowledge of the operations department activities.
- Detailed knowledge of IMDG code.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English by sending an email to the Recruitment team as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.