Manager - Energy Solutions (KM 21-080)
There has never been a more exciting time to work with Kongsberg Maritime than right now. With us in Energy Solution, you will be in forefront of enabling electrification of the maritime sector. We are a key advisor of Kongsberg Maritime electrical strategy. You will be joining the organization at a time when innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want people to help us shape this journey.
Energy Solutions is part of our Integrated Solutions Division who is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Energy products and solutions.
In the position of Manager – Energy Solutions you will play a leading role in our journey towards greener shipping. This calls for a thorough understanding of current solutions and innovation of new opportunities that will shape the future of the maritime industry. In this position, you will be responsible for your distinct product area, such as AC Conventional, AC Hybrid PTI/PTO, DC Hybrid PTI/PTO or AC Closed Ring & Hybrid.
- design solution roadmaps and development of energy solutions
- defining, and be responsible for meeting profitability goals for the total Energy Solutions
- application engineering of Energy Solutions into tenders
- perform critical design reviews
- act as a point for escalations and design authority for Energy Solutions delivered into projects
- innovation at Energy Solution level, providing requirements to Energy Product Management to implement such innovations
Qualifications and experience
- education: MSc Electrical Engineering is preferred, may be offset by experience
- strong background in design of maritime power systems, in particular DC based systems, energy storage solutions, hybrid systems and zero emission power systems
- good understanding of existing and future energy concepts for the maritime and offshore markets
- complete understanding of the competitive landscape
You are able to
- develop an ambitious, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- execute plans with commitment and determination
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Preferred work location: Kongsberg, Sandefjord or Bergen. Other Kongsberg Maritime locations may be considered, such as Ålesund, Trondheim and Oslo
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication