Manager Back Office Trading OTC (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
The Back Office Europe & US is the process engine for all commercial transactions. We are responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collaterals, contract settlements, billing, accruing, revenue accounting operations, and EU regulatory reporting for all trading and most origination transaction across Europe. In a quick and changing environment we are building the bridge between our commercial departments and Finance units.
The Back Office Trading OTC unit is responsible for billing, accruals, month end closing procedures of all transactions with third parties/external counterparties (OTC) trading with us Power, Gas, Option Premiums, Dispatch trades, South East Europe trades, trading with our UK branch, cross border capacities and some other products.
This department has a strong focus in keeping an excellent relation and contact with our counterparties, ensuring correct and accurate revenues and cost figures, timely processing of outgoing/incoming invoices, timely and correct netting statement generation and ensuring timely and correct payments.
The department is responsible for billing, accrual, PnL analysis, counterparties relation management, identify new internal and external requirement for billing and accruals, and correct PnL between our trading and financial systems.
- Lead, empower and inspire the Back Office Trading OTC team
- Ensure robust and cost-efficient Back Office processes for OTC Trading
- Keep sound relationships and communication with geographically spread stakeholders and our counterparties
- Facilitate clear functional requirements for our billing system (SAP ETS) in order to fulfil changes or requirements of our counterparties
- Good and reliable partner for our Front Office regarding invoicing and accrual handling for current business and new products
- Good understanding on changes in the processes and facilitate efficient and fast new implementations for new products or services
- Operate, maintain and develop the methods, tools and processes of the unit
- Inspire constant innovation in the Back Office Trading OTC team and promote creativity
- Follow up on the team KPIs, engage the team in continuous improvement and promote operational excellence tools and principles
- Serve as a coach and a sparring partner for the team
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in Back Office operations of OTC trading in the energy sector, a bank or trading house
- Understanding of tax requirements for our billing and accrual posting in different countries and entities in Statkraft
- Experienced in designing and conceptualizing new processes and continuous improvement
- Ability to lead and inspire team members for continuous improvements and innovative ways of working
- Ability to build effective relations in a multi-cultural environment and across various locations in the organization
- Fluent English communication skills, additional knowledge of German/Norwegian would be an advantage
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire. This position is based in Düsseldorf.