Manager Back Office Contract Settlement & Market Communication (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
The Back Office Europe & US is the process engine for all commercial transactions. We are responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collateral management, contract settlements, balance settlement, billing, accrual creating and calculation, revenue accounting operations, and EU regulatory reporting for all Trading and Origination deals across Europe. In a quick and changing environment we are building the bridge between our commercial departments and Finance units.
In this position you will lead a team of dedicated employees located in Düsseldorf. Your team is part of the department Back Office Contract Operations and Market Communication Continent. The department is responsible for the contract validation, technical master data setup, and balance settlement of Statkraft’s metered business portfolios as well as the synchronized and correct communication with the relevant market participants in Continental Markets.
- Manage and further develop an experienced team and ensure that business operations are working in accordance with market and customer requirements and keep to Back Office regulations, deadlines and mandates
- Manage multiple Stakeholders at different levels
- Organize and support employees effectively, ensuring good collaboration within the team and cross-functionally at key interfaces
- Identify operational risks and opportunities and manage mitigating actions
- Drive key change and continuous process improvement activities
- Responsibility for related organizational and disciplinary management tasks
- University degree in business administration, economics, technical or similar
- Broad experience in the energy business is expected, experience in metered business is an advantage
- High system affinity is expected – knowledge of eSales and programming skills is an advantage
- Good understanding of Balancing and Market Communication processes is an advantage
- Reliable team player with excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English is expected and sound knowledge in German is an advantage
- Change management/focus on continuous improvement
- Strong understanding of processes and end-to-end thinking
- Motivated, enthusiastic and hands-on leader with the ability to motivate others and drive change and improvement
- Ability to establish strong relationships across different departments and locations within a multi-cultural organisation
- High level of service orientation with simultaneous assertiveness at all levels
At Statkraft, we’re always looking for people with great social and communication skills. People who love to lead, teach and help others learn.
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- Monetary childcare subsidy to support you and your family
- A focus on fun outside of work, supported by various activity groups such as soccer, yoga, sailing, climbing, boxing, cabin rentals, and much more
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.