We are a transport and logistics company providing the safe, reliable and efficient movement of people and goods - more than 11,000 colleagues, all committed to transforming our business into a greener and more digitised operation. We are proud of our role as part of the critical infrastructure serving customers and communities across Europe and further afield.
Be part of DFDS and be part of the movement.
An exciting role within our team of Dispatchers have become available in Hamburg, Germany. As Logistics Planner Containers you’ll be focused on communicating with customers and partners within the operations of our Container service.
You will be part of the German Logistics team based in Hamburg, helping to communicating with customers and partners within the operations of our Container service for the German market across all our logistics routes. The role involves look after and expand the customer base in your assigned sales area in cooperation with the sales team.. You will be responsible for arranging appointments for Managers and Field Sales Team. A fantastic opportunity to further your marketing career and focus specifically within the social media and email marketing disciplines.Principle responsibilities
- Dispatching of our own vehicle fleet with focus on UK / Ireland
- Advising our customers on operational processing as well as with regard to transit times and pricing
- Administrative processing of the orders carried out
- Operational handling of the transports in close coordination with our branch office in England and Ireland
- Constant optimisation of the processes under economic aspects
- Close cooperation with our permanent subcontractors and partners
- You have completed your apprenticeship as a freight forwarding and logistics services in Germany
- Customer orientation is a matter of course for you
- a high degree of initiative
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Must be fluent (written and verbal) in German and English
- Basic customs knowledge desirable
- Be a team player, ambitious and customer-oriented
- have good knowledge in the use of the MS Office package
- We offer a job in a stable, professional and world-leading ferry and logistics company
- Diversity & inclusion is on top of our minds everyday
- We care about sustainability and are volunteering
- We have additional benefits package for health, sports, studies, travel
- The day is never boring with DFDS, and always full of different challenges
- Together we learn, develop and celebrate
Are we a match? Then what are you waiting for? Apply Now. If you think your personality, skills, experience and ambition match this role, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume as soon as possible as we’re keen to meet potential candidates on an ongoing basis. Is there something you need to know, we haven’t covered here, please do not hesitate to reach out to Sven at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.