Junior Legal Counsel
Are you passionate about working as a Legal Counsel in Ferry Business?
We are looking to hire a Junior Legal Counsel.
About the role
As a Junior Legal Counsel, your duties and responsibilities ensure that all the DFDS's contracts follow legal rules and policies. You must give legal advice on legal matters to the management to enhance the business.
You should examine and draft contracts and provide day-to-day legal assistance to business units.
If you consider yourself a suitable match, please apply for this position.
The position is located in Istanbul - Ataşehir.
In addition to this, some of your key responsibilities would be:
• Deliver legal advice and guidance from a commercial perspective, acting as a trusted adviser to the business
• All legal contract and agreement preparation including drafting, reviewing, and negotiations with external suppliers and customers
• Involvement with many internal functions to enable business as well as to mitigate and prevent legal risks by analyzing proposed changes to determine the impact
• Support and manage litigation, dispute resolution, and settlement negotiation, including the instruction of external counsel
• Manage and control the services provided by external law firms
• Advice on local law impact on any projects or business activities to be undertaken, including data privacy, competition law etc.
• Support the management team in corporate governance activities and provide internal training on legal and compliance subjects
• Any ad hoc projects in the junior legal counsel scope as required
Who We Are Looking For:
• Law Degree is a must,
• 5+ years of experience including preferably in a law firm or an international company, preparing and monitoring commercial contracts,
• Experience in Contracts Law, Commercial Law, Obligations Law and Labor Law,
• Prepared to work within a matrix structure,
• Experience in domestic and international commercial agreements is a must,
• Experience in the maritime, logistics and transportation industry is a plus,
• Good command of English is a must (writing and speaking),
• No limitation of travel,
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your application in English no later than May 30th. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Please contact Hanife Turan (email@example.com) for questions about the position.