Junior HR Assistant (student position)
The business in DFDS is moving forward in a high pace these days and therefore, we are now hiring a student to support Talent Acquisition and HR Administration with various HR task covering administration, planning, coordinating, and engaging with the business.
Get full insight into the employee life cycle of a large, international company
HR Administration and Talent Acquisition are two core areas of any People Organisation - essentially covering the full employee lifecycle in DFDS – from identified talent in the market to the recruitment process and through the employment. Via your tasks in this job, you will get a deep, operational understanding of this life cycle.
As a student in DFDS you can also look forward to taking part in the student network and the mentor programme allowing for social activities as well as professional advice related to your work.
Gradually, we expect you to gain more insight and knowledge of the processes, workflows and the organisation, so your role can develop. The position is part-time of around 15-20 hours per week. We offer flexible working hours, so you continue to prioritise your studies. It is important for us that you can develop comfortably in your role, so we will always make sure that you receive the right level of support to help you succeed in your work.
The position is versatile with varying administrative and supportive tasks within the People Division. Together with our HR Director, the Talent Acquisition team, and HR Administration team, you will play a central role in supporting the organisation and will get a broad perspective and knowledge within HR. Your initial tasks will be the following:
- Follow-up and support for different HR activities involving our employees
- Health & safety reporting
- Issuing and follow-up of probationary assessments
- Inform and support newly hired employees
- Creation of commercial and informative material for HR events
- GDPR administration
- Updating list of joiners and leavers for organizational information
- Validation of HR Data and syncing the data in our HR system Microsoft D365
- Support the optimization of HR processes
- Reimbursement processes for employee expenses
- Candidate search and selection
- Interview coordination (calendar booking, invitations etc.)
- Support Talent pipeline building
- Reference checks on finalist candidates
Your personal and professional profile
We are looking for a bachelor student within a relevant line of study. This could be Human Resources, Organisational Studies or Business Administration.
Professionally you are:
- Analytical and mindful of the detail
- Interested in working on digital platforms of both the administrative and commercial kind.
- Operating in a structured result-oriented manner
- Innovative and eager to improve the efficiency and/or value-creation of our work
Personally, you are:
- A people person – just as ourselves.
- Able to balance your patience and impatience.
- Comfortable and happy collaborating with both close and distant colleagues on all levels.
- Engaged in your work and proud to deliver the best possible service to your stakeholders in the organisation.
As we are an international company, and this position is deeply rooted into Danish processes, it is important that you are fluent in English and Danish.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfil the expectations, please submit your CV and application as soon as possible. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis and all applications will be treated confidentially. Please note, that we only accept applications through the link in this advert.
Please contact HR Director, Anette Svendsen on firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the position. The right candidate is expected to start in November.
DFDS is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age and citizenship.