IT Service Desk Engineer
Jern, stål og metaller - Produksjon
In Elkem, we offer an inspiring place to work with great opportunities to develop your skills and to take part of a great IT community of skilled colleagues who are happy to share knowledge and experience. Elkem's values form the foundation for the way we do business. We expect that your work is based on involvement, respect, precision, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a Service Desk colleague in Kristiansand. Your role will be to maintain day to day operations for the global service desk of Elkem and ensure proper support of the local helpdesk.
By joining the Global Service Desk team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Identify and solve problems directly from the 1st line to support for our users
- Work with the team that supports Elkem’s users globally and locally
- Register and categorise incidents in the IT service desk
- Contribute hands-on to case solving, escalation or troubleshooting. Troubleshooting PCs, mobiles, tablets, printers, etc.
- Work with user account management in Office365 and access control to applications
- Increase the IT competence of the end users by guiding/training
- Operational responsibility for Identity and Access Management system
Your background and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree within Computer Science, relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- Solid experience with IT support management from a global or decentralised organisation
- At least 5 years of experience in technical IT support
- Competence in Identity and Access Management is a plus
- ITIL or equivalent certification is a plus
- Fluent communication in English. Scandinavian, French or Chinese is a plus
To succeed in this role, you can work both independently and as a part of a team, and you have a service-minded approach. You understand and support business demands and priorities but can balance with operational routines to keep IT infrastructures and systems stable, safe, and robust. You are structured and solution-oriented, eager to learn and adapt to changes.
Elkem is an inclusive workplace, so it is important that you encourage diversity and have a positive and respectful attitude.
Elkem may conduct a background check to confirm the information provided by candidates during the recruitment process. Relevant candidates will be informed of this.