Intraday Energy Manager (m/f/d)
Energi- og vannforsyning
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in Intraday Energy Management:
Providing power efficiently and reliably is among the core challenges in times of increasing solar and wind energy production. Here, our intraday trading teams are making a vital and exciting contribution. We are active on all relevant short-term markets, being the market leader in managing renewables in Germany and the UK. In total, Statkraft manages over 15.000 MW of capacity across Europe. As a result we contribute significantly to the successful integration of renewable energy into the overall energy landscape. As a member of one of our two intraday trading teams you are responsible for balancing our portfolio of intermittent generation, dispatching our flexible asset portfolio and trading energy proprietarily on the short-term markets.
You will find yourself working in a positive, highly international and professional surrounding. As intraday power is traded continuously on 365 days per year, you will be part of a 24/7 shift team and expected to work occasional night and weekend shifts. These shifts are distributed equally among all colleagues and remunerated accordingly.
- Learning on the job: If you don’t have previous experience in trading, you will be rapidly introduced to all aspects of the short-term power and gas markets.
- Responsibility: You will be expected to make commercial decisions, taking responsibility for the energy management of our renewables portfolio as well as our flexible generation portfolio, which consists of thermal and hydro power plants.
- Make an impact: Right from the beginning, you will be able to influence our process design, systems and internal routines in a cooperative approach with colleagues from many different departments.
- Creativity: You will develop and implement strategies and business approaches focused on our short-term trading activities.
- Innovation: An integral part of the job is the development and improvement of our models and algorithms, based on machine-learning as well as time-series and statistical analyses.
- Digitalisation: Statkraft makes use of algorithmic trading and virtual power plant solutions that automatically balance renewables portfolios, trade and steer asset flexibility in real-time and run proprietary trading activities. These algorithms make millions of decisions per day, send orders to the exchange and dispatch the physical assets. You will be the central part in this trading environment as you will monitor, calibrate and supervise the trading algorithms while engaging into hands-on trading at the same time.
- An above average university degree in Natural Sciences, Engineering or Economics/Business Sciences
- Solid background in mathematics and statistics, practical coding experience (e.g. Python, Matlab or R)
- A competitive personality with a commercial mind-set, ideally a passion for trading
- The ability to make accurate decisions under time pressure
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to succeed as a team-member
- Fluent in English, good command of German or other languages are a plus
This position is suitable for candidates with prior front-office experience in energy trading, dispatching and energy management, as well as talented graduates with an interest in renewable energy.
What we offer:
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.